Thursday, June 09, 2011

IDENTITY: LOST by Pascal Marco

Winner: Emily who wants to go to Sienna, Italy with a tutor!
Please email me at stephanieelliot@gmail.com to claim your book!



So let’s move away from Milfs and into Mystery-thrillers shall we? I have a really unique story to tell you about this next book. Earlier this week I was out with two friends from high school when a gentleman approached our table and asked if we were from Chicago. We said we were but that two of us lived here now. He mentioned he was an author.

My eyes lit up and I said, “HEY! I’m a book reviewer and writer too!”

It was Pascal Marco, author of Identity: Lost, whose debut book comes out next week. I explained to him about the June Blast-O-Books. He is from Chicago, overheard us talking, and it was serendipity, my friends, that I bring his book into your lives today! What are the odds, that an author, who also once lived in Chicago, would be dining at the same restaurant as three women from Chicago, one who just happened to be doing a month-long book promo?

Karma, I tell you! And by now I hope you know, I am all about the karma, and paying it forward!

So, I am very excited to bring Identity: Lost to you today! Obviously, I have yet to read it, but I love the fact Pascal took a true crime and created a fictional story from that event, that it has aspects of Arizona and Chicago in it, and that there are two very strong women protagonists in it as well. For those of you who love a fast-paced thriller and an edge-of-your-seat read, you’ll dive right in to Identity: Lost!

July, 1975. Twelve-year-old James Overstreet is the sole witness to a murder in Chicago's Burnham Park and musters the courage to come forward. But the Chicago police and the Cook County state's attorney office both manage to bungle the slam-dunk case and the killers go free, sending James and his family into witness relocation in Arizona.

Thirty years later, still officially living in protective custody with a new identity, can James bring forth justice when he once again confronts the killers of Manny Fleischman, the last surviving member of the infamous 1919 Chicago Black Sox team?

He can, but not without revealing a secret he's held all this time: his boyhood friend, now a high-ranking Illinois politician and a rising star on the national Democratic presidential ticket, was a member of the juvenile gang who long-ago murdered Fleischman.

One thing I was curious about when Pascal approached us at the table though – I wonder how he was so brave to approach a table full of Milfs! Hahahahah! Which reminds me, if you’ve yet to enter to win Got Milf, (as well as the other books – I haven’t chosen winners yet!) there’s still time to do so!

For those of you in AZ and Chicago, Pascal will be touring in the next couple of weeks! See his events page here. Find out more about Pascal and his debut book on his website here and watch the book trailer there as well!

To enter to win IDENTITY: LOST, leave a comment below telling me where you would want to be sent if you had to go into the Witness Protection Program! I’d want them to send me to Grand Cayman!

Thanks Pascal, for reaching out, going after your dream, and making things happen! Let Pascal’s example show us all what can happen if we step outside the box once in a while! Now all you wonderful people know about another new great book because Pascal came over and talked to a table of Milfs! (Gosh, I sure do crack myself up!)

Don't forget to enter yesterday’s book, Got Milf! I will most likely be choosing all the winners for the week over the weekend so do check back then! AS LONG AS A WINNER's NAME is NOT posted at the top of the blog post, then that means a winner has NOT yet been chosen so you can still enter to win that book but ONLY ONE TIME per book entry PLEASE!

Thanks for reading and being a part of June Blast-O-Books. I also blog at SheKnows.com Real Moms Guide.

If you're new here, check out the rules and other stuff for the June Blast-O-Books there under that highlighted link back there, or feel free to leave me a comment always and I'll answer it in the thread, or email me at stephanieelliot@gmail.com. It is always at my discretion to change things up, and because of some regulations, I guess I must say that the books I review are given to me by either the authors or publishers or publicists, and I am never paid for my reviews, and they are my own personal reviews, and you know what, because I'm here telling you this anyway, I will also tell you that I never review a book I don't like, because you know what, why waste my time, life is too short to read a crappy book! There. There's my new mantra!

92 comments:

Logan Collins said...

I would want to be sent to Italy if it were abroad. In the USA, Savannah or Charleston

Kristi said...

Belize (sp?) Please, someone send me there, please?

Kristi Marie

Pascal Marco said...

I'd like to be sent to Peotone, Illinois.
(PS: Thanks, Manic Mommy, for the wonderful comments on my debut novel, IDENTITY: LOST. It was truly a wonderfully serendipitous event, meeting you and your friends.)

Pascal Marco said...

On second thought, make that Hennepin, Illinois.

AisforRandom said...

Somewhere where they're hiring.

Ronit said...

If I had to stay in the US I'd want to be in NYC. Outside the US it would need to be somewhere that I could speak English still.

kwertz12 said...

Miami FL. Mmm southbeach...you are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Ireland if out of the us otherwise glacier national park. Paticole

Anonymous said...

Ireland if out of the us otherwise glacier national park. Paticole

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Pascal -- PEOTONE???? Please!!! If you can't sing a note, PEOTONE!!!! Have you heard THAT one before??? My husband is from MOMENCE!!!! Does the coincidences get stranger and stranger?!?!? LOL!

Dawn said...

I love Grand Cayman too! I'd say the Carolina Coast maybe or somewhere in New England, although the weather there is too much like Chicago.

A.C. Morris said...

If the witness protection people would be paying my rent for me, I'd totally go to San Diego. After living my entire life in 100+ degree summers, I'd love to live in Southern California!

Philadelphia said...

Could they send me to Greece.... If not maybe somewhere in North Carolina.

Margaret said...

I would want to be sent to London, England. That's a great story!

Margaret(singitm)
singitm@hotmail.com

Terri said...

Send me to Maui please! I will happily spend the rest of my days bringing drinks out to the tourists by the pool.

Terri M.

Books & Reviews said...

Chicago! Live in Wrigleyville and watch cute butts all baseball season! Haha!

LizzyBethDJ said...

I would want to be sent to Northern California or the coast of NC or SC.

Brantly's Mom said...

I would love to go to the northeast, like Maine or New Hampshire.

Karen said...

I would love to read this book! Where would I like to be sent? Gee, I don't know...France? Wait...can't do that...have a sister there. Would have to be London...or Mississippi. Seeing as I'm in Alabama...nobody would ever think to look for me next door, would they? :)

Emily said...

i'd want to be sent to Siena, Italy...along with a tutor so I could learn to speak the language. lol

Crystal said...

Send me to Europe please. France, Italy, Spain....somewhere pretty. If these choices are available, can I volunteer to be relocated? Please? LOL!!

If in the states, probably somewhere up North. My fiance tries to get me to consider moving...but I'm a Texan at heart, born and raised, and I can't leave...no matter what the heat is.

Crystal717

Margie said...

Definitely to the beach in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico!
(What a fun story about meeting the author!)

Emma S. said...

Hmm...if possible, I'd be sent to Italy. So, I could finally experience Italy and travel all over Europe. If I had to stay in the US, then it would have to be New York City.

jdstec said...

dominican republic, please

Anonymous said...

I would want to be sent to Hawaii.

-Donna W.

Carie Casey said...

Hawaii for sure

Carie

Anonymous said...

I would want to be relocated to Maui!

Colbey J

Ally said...

Paris!
Ally N

Hally said...

Ooohhhh....crazy that someone from CHItown would be there and a writer!

Thank you both for the giveaway. :)

If domestically - I'd choose NYC or Boston.
If I need to be relocated internationally - I'd say SPAIN.

Erin T. said...

Australia. Yup, Australia. Definately Australia. Unless I couldn't go to Australia because it's out of the USA. Then I'd like to go to Hawaii. But I'd choose Australia first. For sure!

Tina B said...

Anywhere tropical! Sun and sand...what more do u need?!?!

Juliet Farmer said...

Greece, please!

buttah said...

If in the US, the Austin, TX or New Braunfels area, over seas...anywhere with a white sandy beach!

Ready To Be A Momma said...

I want to be somewhere warm but not smoldering hot. If it was international, definitely Australia.
qweska8402

MonaLisa said...

I would be fine if I were sent to South Carolina. I haven't been since I was a kid, will probably never get to go again since moving so far inland with a disappointingly unadventurous husband. Anywhere sunny, and sandy will be fine with me.

Denise said...

Greece or London if I can go international. Oregon if within the US.

Carly said...

Within the US, Arizona.
Outside the US, Australia.

I love Hawaii but I don't think I could live there.

Carly Haynes

Melissa said...

My first reaction was Hawaii, but I think I would get bored of the islands. So I'm going with San Diego. Melissa Rem

Mom'sLove said...

I would love to be sent to Cannon Beach, OR. So pretty with the white sand and forest behind.. And yes, Goonies was filmed partly there. Great place!
Amanda

Megan said...

I'd love to be sent to North Carolina or West Virginia. Mountains and scenery hello!! -Meg Cait E

Lilianarenee said...

Either

Put me on a ranch somewhere with acres of land surrounding me.

Give me a beautiful beach house anywhere really.

Or forget relaxing forever and give me a condo in some high rise in NYC.

Anonymous said...

Any beach with white sand and blue water. I'm not picky. Lauren Royall

Neckmeat said...

Send me to Hawaii!! :)

michelle m said...

the resort from "Couples Retreat" please....

Jencey said...

I would love to go to London England. I would love to go to San Diego.

Lizett34 said...

I would want to be sent to Italy if we were allowed to travel abroad. Otherwise, if I had to stay in the US I would go to Boston because of the amazing food!

Nanette said...

You crack ME up to...I love coming here every day, books or not, and hearing what's going on with you. LOL! Anyway, this book sounds great!! I'm not sure where I'd like to go if I was in Witness Protection. I already live in Alaska which is pretty remote but I'd probably want to stay on the water somewhere...maybe Maine or Rhode Island? Or maybe Vermont cuz it looks gorgeous there in the winter!! Oh...the possibilities are endless!! :) Nan

absolutahnie said...

anguilla, bwi. been there many times and believe that it's my true home.

Dolly said...

Send me to Albuquerque! I'll hang out with Mary Shannon, and become VERY close friends with Marshall! Hubba hubba!

Beverly Victoria said...

Hawaii! If I had to make a living though, it would have to Alexandria, VA.

Lindsay Elizabeth said...

I went to Grand Cayman in March and couldn't agree with you more!

That being said send me to Sydney!

BRN2SHOP9 said...

Sound's interesting

brn2shop9 at gmail dot com

DaphneSFL said...

either Cabo San Lucas or Miami or Hawaii

CChristyW said...

Witness protection? And Arizona is safe? Well, for me, I think San Diego would be a great city and then I'd consider Savannah, GA, or St. Augustine, FL, or Kauai. Got this ocean thing going on since living in the desert for the last 20+ years!

Becki***** said...

London Englad!

Melissa said...

how funny that this is in Chicago and AZ based on your connections with both. also MP and I are from Chicago and she lives in AZ too. :) i can't say this book topic really interests me, but i still want in on the grand prize...

Bethy said...

I am afraid you will have to put up with me Manic Mommy....cause I want my tushy sent to the Caymen Islands also! See ya there!! lol

Kristi said...

I would want to be sent to Charlotte, NC... always wanted to live there but life gets in the way :)

Kristi Hooke

Amy R. said...

Send me to Sanibel Island, please! :)

ludy2288 said...

send me to washington dc..its my most favorite city!

EBrowning said...

I would want to be located somewhere close to the ocean...maybe Maine or the Carolinas.

lucy872 said...

Hawaii - in a very relaxed job with no need to do anything but enjoy beaches and sunshine. If I had to leave the country - I'll take Australia.

Katy F said...

I would like to be sent to Fiji...just drop me off and leave me there.

IandSsmom said...

Love this book because I'm from Chicago so love a book set there!!
And if I have to go into witness protection please send me to Hawaii!! Nobody'll recognise me relaxing on the beach!!! :)

LeslieB83 said...

I would love to go to Charleston. Las Vegas would be awesome too!

Dani In Chicago said...

I'd like to go to the east coast or Colorado.

dani patarazzi

Katie said...

Somewhere in Virginia or North Carolina!

Katie in N-ville

equinn726 said...

This sounds like an awesome read - If I were going into whitness protection, I'd want them to send me somewhere warm. I'd love to live on Kauai :)

Jenn3128 said...

They'd have to send me to NOLA!

your invisible pixie said...

I think I'd want to be sent to NYC or Chicago..or maybe somwhere in Arizona. Hmm...

Jeryl M. said...

I'd like to read this book.

jeryl.marcus@gmail.com

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

The coast of Maine or Cape Code--east coast ocean area

Lesley Davis, Esq said...

Spain or Italy please!

Tiffany said...

Barbados or Australia... hmm so many choices!

CozyReadersCorner

Jessica said...

I'd want to be sent to London. Although I do love living in Charleston. =]

Thanks!
-Jessica

Joelle said...

I would want to go to St. Thomas for witness protection. Then I can travel all of the amazing island that surround St. Thomas.

Kimmi said...

Tahiti!

Nicole Marie said...

Australia!

NicoleMG from CT

Nearl said...

I would love be to relocated to Ireland. Not sure where but I think I would love that place.

kathygold9778 said...

What a great meeting! Good for him for coming up to you...and good for us as well!

I want to be sent somewhere not too hot and not too cold. just a lovely 70 degree spring day. I'm not sure where that place is but if I hape to go in the witness protection program I hope somebody there knows! LOL

Kathygold9778

Amy Nichole G said...

Florida, Arizona, Hawaii, Puerto Rico...I could go on.

Amy Nichole G

The Jagow Family said...

IF, I had to be sent to Witness Protection I'd like to be sent to Italy, Banff, Canada or somewhere in N. Carolina or S. Carolina.

michelle jagow

Leah B said...

France if it had to be out of the states ... Chicago if it was in the states!

Susan said...

I would love to live in the Colorado Mountains.

holly wohl said...

Anywhere warm on the ocean. :)

holly wohl

Anonymous said...

Send me to Cabo please. jenniferb75

Christine in NJ said...

I'd like to be sent to a shore town and since I already live on the East Coast... I guess they'd need to send me to the West Coast!... and I would insist on a house with a porch! HaHa

Identity: Lost sounds great... I'll be grabbing myself a copy! Good Luck Pascal and Thanks again MaNiC!

Christine

CAnative said...

I would want to be sent to Greece out of the US. In the US Arizona.

nicole

BrendaL71 said...

I can't tell you how excited this book makes me. This is total right up my alley. Well, I would want to live in Venice, Italy. Never been, want to learn the language and everything.

LindsayK918 said...

Anywhere sunshiney and warm!

Anonymous said...

New Mexico - just love the scenery - JillFay

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

THANK YOU FOR COMMENTING. A WINNER HAS BEEN CHOSEN! NO MORE COMMENTS WILL QUALIFY AFTER THIS COMMENT.