So I’m taking this 6-week course at the Health Club called “Ready Set Action” which is a small group personal training segment that incorporates direction, attitude, motivation, celebration, commitment and support throughout the weeks. The first week kicked my ass, but in a good way. This coming week, tomorrow, we are focusing on attitude and part of our homework assignment is to list ten of our top confident moments of our lives. Easy right? No to the Hell. How do you think through the past 40 years to figure out 10 achievements that were confident moments? When I stopped using diapers? When I picked up a fork for the first time?
So I’ve given it some serious thought, knowing I can’t use “giving birth” as three of my choices, and I thought I’d make myself REALLY accountable and list them here. It’d be fun for you to try it too, if you’d like, and I’d love for you to share some of your achievements in the comments section!
Here’s my list, Ooh, and I’ve just checked and happily, I’ve come up with EXACTLY ten of them! …
And in no particular order, here they are:
1. The first time I took two babies out on my own, one was nine months old, the other a newborn, and then after I had my third child, when I first took my three children out on my own, ages newborn, 2 and not quite 4.
2. Completing my novel, 40 Weeks. Yes, even though it never got published.
3. Securing my agent for my novel, which took a very long and angst-ridden time. It was a great learning experience.
4. Having two successful VBAC births, specifically noting that one awesome push that got my daughter out and the feeling of accomplishment knowing that I had finally done it, after pushing for almost two hours, fearing another C-section was necessary.
5. Landing a job with a 33 percent raise after current boss had told me I didn’t have what it would take to get a promotion within, and telling him I was leaving company.
6. Being sought after for writing jobs on the internet.
7. Making goal with Weight Watchers / Lifetime and losing 60 pounds and being one of Weight Watchers Success Stories on their website.
8. Spearheading/Hosting what I think is the only Virtual Blog for Blood Drive on the Internet and continuing it now for three years, having saved hundreds of lives by doing so. Still time to donate through Feb! GotBlood.
9. Total vanity on this one: Spring Break 1988 and 1989 – my bikini worthy body back then!
10. Walking down the aisle toward my husband in 1993, and upon reaching him, saying over and over, “This is so easy, this is so easy,” and having him tell me to just “Be quiet and enjoy it!”
So what are some of your big confidence-building moments in your life?