There were TWO winners drawn for this book:
You both have won e-books of The D Word! Please email me at email@example.com and I will let you know how you can get your copies of The D Word!
I’m really excited to introduce you to you Liz Fenton and Lisa Steinke, who are the founders of CHICK LIT IS NOT DEAD. If you’ve not heard of them, you’re going to LOVE them and you’ll NEED to add them to your list of favorite authors and bloggers as well! You’ll want to be at their site daily too – they are ALWAYS sharing great author info, and doing fun giveaways on their site as well. Seriously, you will LOVE these ladies.
THIS JUST IN: Liz and Lisa are hosting the The D Word Huge Ass Giveaway - Head to their site for details on how you can win an iPad 2, camcorder, signed Laura Dave books and more!
Not only are they terrific internet stars, they’re also authors, whose book, The D Word has just been released in e-book form, and you can WIN IT HERE! We’re giving away TWO e-book copies!
The D Word:
Jordan Daniels and Elle Ryan thought their lives would become less complicated when they walked away from their respective relationships one year ago. But instead, they find themselves vying for a relationship with the same divorced man.
As a spiritual counselor, newly single mother Jordan Daniels makes her living predicting other people’s futures. If only she could foresee her own. A year after filing for divorce from her husband, Kevin, he seems to be the one moving on effortlessly, while Jordan still can’t bring herself to fill his old underwear drawer. But it’s not until Jordan’s polar opposite, Elle steals Kevin’s heart, that Jordan becomes convinced she’ll be replaced both as a wife and a mother to her five-year-old son, Max.
When Elle met Kevin, the last thing she wanted was another relationship. Especially not with a man with baggage-she already had enough of her own. She left her fiancé, Chase right before their wedding to avoid the imminent D word, something she’s convinced runs in her family like a disease. But a year later, she’s no closer to becoming less skeptical about marriage. And despite her attachment to Kevin and his son, when Elle sees just how far Jordan’s willing to go to win Kevin back, Elle starts to question if she should have left Chase in the first place.
In The D Word you’ll walk in the shoes of Jordan and Elle as they discover that sometimes you’re not that different from the person who makes you feel the most insecure. Read the First Chapter HERE.
Here’s a guest post Liz and Lisa have written on the Top Five Reasons you Should Write with Your Best Friend!
1. There's always someone to pick up the slack. When you are too tired to meet a deadline because you've been up with the baby all night (Lisa!) or, er, had one too many glasses o' Pinot Grigio (Liz!), the other can pick up your slack and then have full license to rub it in your face later with smug satisfaction.
2. There are no words needed to tell you what you've just written sucks bigtime. Because you've known each other so long, you can tell when the other one hates what you've written just by the look on her face or, if you've been writing together for long enough, the tone of her email. Always remember that the delete button is your friend.
3. Guaranteed LOL partner because you are probably the only two people in the entire world that are still laughing at that inside joke about Halifax the horse from High School. (Long story!) OK, Liz and Lisa are going to HAVE to tell me about THIS ONE!?
4. Someone to remind you that a writing retreat is for writing! When you have a writing retreat at a posh resort in Palm Springs and one of you (Liz!) wants to go crash the reception at the wedding outside your window, the other (Lisa!) will barricade the door with her body and convince you a writing retreat is to write, not get your freakin' party on! Even when the groomsmen are really, really sizzlin' and they're playing Bust A Move by Young MC.
5. It's always nice to work with someone who knows you better than you know yourself. Whether it's deadline meltdowns, query-writing girlfights or horribly bitchy pre-caffeinated emails, your BFF knows that you're probably just having a bad day and doesn't take it personally. They know how you can get but love you anyway.(Although they may think you should really work on that caffeine addiction...)
So what are you waiting for? Get out there and write a book with your best friend already!
Xoxo, Liz & Lisa
Lisa and Liz have also written another great book called, I’ll Have Who She’s Having, so be sure to check that one out too! (You can read the first chapter of I’ll Have Who She’s Having HERE).
To win one of two e-books of The D Word, tell me what your favorite thing is to do with your best girlfriends. Mine is lunching and spending hours chatting over the good times!
And stop over at CHICK LIT IS NOT DEAD to find out more about Liz and Lisa's great site and their amazing book reviews and giveaways too! You will LOVE them, I promise! And even better, when you leave a comment, tell 'em MaNiC sent ya! : ) Thanks!
Don't forget to enter yesterday’s book, A Pug's Tale! I will most likely be choosing all the winners for the week over the weekend so do check back then! AS LONG AS A WINNER's NAME is NOT posted at the top of the blog post, then that means a winner has NOT yet been chosen so you can still enter to win that book but ONLY ONE TIME per book entry PLEASE!
Thanks for reading and being a part of June Blast-O-Books.
I also blog at SheKnows.com Real Moms Guide.
I also blog at SheKnows.com Real Moms Guide.
If you're new here, check out the rules and other stuff for the June Blast-O-Books there under that highlighted link back there, or feel free to leave me a comment always and I'll answer it in the thread, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is always at my discretion to change things up, and because of some regulations, I guess I must say that the books I review are given to me by either the authors or publishers or publicists, and I am never paid for my reviews, and they are my own personal reviews, and you know what, because I'm here telling you this anyway, I will also tell you that I never review a book I don't like, because you know what, why waste my time, life is too short to read a crappy book! There. There's my new mantra!