Wednesday, October 12, 2011

WHAT CAME FIRST by CAROL SNOW

Congratulations
Sherry V!
Please email me your full name and address at stephanieelliot@gmail.com
so I can send you your book!



This is the third book in a blast of four in a row this week. Make sure to enter to win them all!

What Came First


Carol Snow


I don’t know how I JUST discovered author Carol Snow but I’m so glad that I did. Her latest novel, What Came First (out last week!) is a delightful book about marriage, love, sperm donors, and … chickens in the backyard? Hmmm….

Here’s a blurb:

Vanessa wants just one thing for her twenty-ninth birthday: an engagement ring from her longtime boyfriend, Eric. But when the ring turns out to be a mix CD and Eric turns out to be a guy who doesn't want to get married or have children, Vanessa considers a new path to having a family.

When Wendy and her husband, Darren, couldn't have children the old- fashioned way, a sperm donor seemed like the perfect solution. She never imagined she'd have out-of-control twins who'd drive her to cookie binges and scrapbooking while Darren escaped into the virtual world of computer games.

Single and career-driven, Laura didn't need a man to have a baby - at least not one that she ever met. Thanks to an anonymous donor, she shares her life with her adored eight-year-old son, Ian. She'll do anything for Ian - even fill their backyard with a bunch of noisy chickens. But the one thing Ian really wants is something Laura's never been able to give him: a sibling.

Now, to grant Ian's wish, Laura starts a search that will not only change her life but Vanessa's and Wendy's as well...


Take a sneak peek at an excerpt here.

To enter to win this book, answer this question: What do YOU think came first? Usually it’s my husband! Thank you, thank you! I’ll be here til Friday!

I kill me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Check previous book features to see who the winner is -- that's how you'll find out if you've won or not, and you can still enter if there's not a winner's name posted on the top and highlighted! I usually choose a winner for each book anywhere from 3-7 days after I post a feature!


Thanks for checking out the Fall Fab Giveaway – we’ve got more books coming your way through October. I'll be featuring 2-3 each week. At the end of ALL the individual books featured and given away, one or two lucky winners will win the WHOLE batch of the books.


If you’ve got particular questions on how the Giveaway works, check the ORIGINAL POST HERE, or feel free to email me! Thanks!


Good luck everyone! And I really enjoy your comments too!


Thanks for reading and being a part of this promotion! To find out all the details on how to participate throughout the whole promotion click the previous link!


I also blog at Real Moms Guide if you'd like to read some of my other work.


If you're new here, check out the rules and all the books at in the promotion HERE.

If you have any questions feel free to leave a comment and I'll answer it in the thread, or email me at stephanieelliot@gmail.com. It is always at my discretion to change things up, and because of some regulations, I guess I must say that the books I review are given to me by either the authors or publishers or publicists, and I am never paid for my reviews, and they are my own personal reviews, and you know what, because I'm here telling you this anyway, I will also tell you that I never review a book I don't like, because you know what, why waste my time, life is too short to read a crappy book! There.

91 comments:

Jezebel's Mama said...

The chicken.

Dani In Chicago said...

The egg.

Literary Chanteuse said...

Hmmm...I'll say the egg.

Margaret(singitm)

LizzybethDJ said...

The egg.

michelle m! said...

chicken

Lesley Davis, Esq said...

The chicken.

Nanette said...

I have no fricken clue and not enough brain cells left today to figure it out. You kill ME too, Manic! Nan :)

Joani 15 said...

The chicken, without a doubt, because chickens are female and females can figure anything out including how to lay an egg. lol

Anonymous said...

Chicken.

~Colbey J

EKB said...

oh boy. chicken. no egg. no chicken. umm egg? nope going with chicken. no. egg. really. whew this is exhausting.

Books & Reviews said...

Chicken. How else would the egg have gotten there?

Carly said...

The chicken.

Carly H

Jenn3128 said...

The chicken!

Janet Fiorentino said...

You need eggs before chickens, right?

Megan said...

The chicken!
ID Eloisepeaches

faithspage said...

I try not to think about this for very long!! I have no clue!

Melissa said...

God made chickens.

-tmd636

AisforRandom said...

The chicken? I don't like the thought of god laying an egg.

Bev V said...

the chicken

MonaLisa said...

Chicken....hmm chicken...Breakfast

Anonymous said...

I'll say the chicken.

-Donna W.

kathygold9778 said...

I hate this question...because in my mind all questions need to have an answer...and I know there will never be one....sigh. But, I guess I'l go w/ chicken because I liked the other posters comment about chickens being women and we can gifure anything out...LOL!

kathygold9778

jdstec said...

following your reasoning, probably the rooster.

Bernadette7 said...

the road.

Emma S. said...

I'll say the chicken.

ncsuloges said...

Egg just to be different, there seems to be a lot more chicken answers. Sounds like a really good book!

Crystal said...

chicken!

crystal717

Katie said...

Well it takes a chicken to lay an egg so maybe both?!

Katie in Indy

Liz said...

egg!

absolutahnie said...

i'm going with the chicken!

Lindsay Elizabeth said...

your comment made me laugh out loud!

The Egg!

LynnBelo said...

For the chickens we know today, I say the egg came first. Evolution and all that...

Juliet Farmer said...

the egg

Kimberly Russell said...

The egg

Kimmi said...

Chicken

Denise said...

The egg.

Denise F

Amy Goddard said...

Chicken

Amy Goddard

Laura Kay said...

love some of these and yours! hahaha I'll go with the egg

Sherry said...

Egg-can't have a chicken without the egg.

Sherry V

Unknown said...

the egg

Lizett34 said...

chicken

Coleen said...

I think that the chicken came first!!!

Jessica said...

The chicken? I don't know, haha. I love Carol Snow! They don't have many of her books at the library here. =[

Thanks!
-Jessica M
walkingcorpse11@hotmail.com

BrendaL71 said...

I always said the chicken, just like Adam and Eve came first and then they populated the earth... Adam and Eve didn't start out as babies. So no Egg first.

lucy872 said...

the egg

Tiffany Drew said...

No idea, I'll go with the egg :)

Anonymous said...

Just to throw something else out there ... THE FARM?
cindyinmiami writeoncindy@yahoo.com

DaphneSFL said...

The apple

Leah B said...

I am going to have to go with the chicken.

Amy R. said...

chicken?

your invisible pixie said...

chicken

jennjend said...

I've always figured the chicken came first.

animallover75 said...

The Egg

Margie said...

I vote for the chicken!

ludy2288 said...

chicken!

Melissa said...

Chicken

Melissa Rem

Kim W. said...

I'm gonna say neither :)

Carie Casey said...

Egg

Kelley c. said...

The egg

Kristi said...

The chicken.

Kristi Hooke

The Poty's said...

Chicken

Dolly said...

An egg.

keltban said...

Chicken

Susan @ The Book Bag said...

The chicken, no wait the egg. On second thought, maybe the chicken? Or the egg?

Such deep questions, MaNiC, really?

Emily said...

the chicken, for sure.


Emily116

StereoQueenBee said...

The Cadbury Egg ;)

LOL

queenofcrunk at gmail dot come

Christina said...

Hmmm, I'll go with egg!

ChristinaL

CAnative said...

Girl Power!!! The Chicken

Nicole

fourkidsmom4 said...

chicken

:)

fourkidsmom4@gmail.com
Brenda Bargenquast

Ready To Be A Momma said...

chicken!
qweska8402

IandSsmom said...

LOL you are so silly! UMM I guess the egg!

Nancye said...

The chicken, of course! :)

nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

Krystal said...

The chicken! :-)

Terri said...

Chicken! Hmm, I'm getting hungry with all this chicken / egg talk!

Terri M.

Kristen said...

Chicken!

Kristen27

Karie said...

The chicken.

A.C. said...

I'm another that thinks God probably made a chicken first.

buttah said...

I think the chicken came first!

Anonymous said...

The chicken! My reasoning: God created man and woman (not a sperm cell and egg); therefore, in my brain He created the chicken first...egg came later.

Colleen Turner said...

I'm gonna say the egg.

Tyra said...

The chicken.

Erin G said...

I'll go with the chicken.

MamamicheleTN said...

the egg of course

Melissa said...

The egg.

I read this book and it's fantastic!

Melissa A from CLC

Joelle said...

The margarita...I mean..the egg. :P

BethC said...

Chicken....and you CRACK me up!

Becki **** said...

The chicken .fresh from God's hands!!! :)

krstrpp said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Philly said...

The egg...

-Philly5

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

THANK YOU ALL FOR COMMENTING! NO COMMENTS AFTER THIS COMMENT WILL QUALIFY FOR THIS BOOK! THANK YOU! CHECK OUT THE NEXT BOOKS OFFERED FOR THE FALL FAB GIVEAWAY! THANKS, MANIC MOMMY

Elaine said...

Gosh, there's a great deal of useful material above!