Sunday, November 26, 2006

A Couple of Ha-Ha's

Driving through the area where we used to live, hubby asks Ajers, "So, does any of this look familiar to you?"

He stretches his neck around, peeks out the window, observes the playground he used to play at, sees the gas station we used to fill up at, notices a neighborhood that looks familiar and then says, "Yeah, it's starting to look familiar to me..."

And then he looks around some more...

"Aren't we near the place where mom got her tattoo?"




~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

So, it's like 60 degrees out today and everyone, and I mean EVERYONE (except maybe High School Prom Queen) is out putting their Christmas and holiday lights up. I suggest to hubby that today would be a GREAT day to do this chorethatnobodylikestodobutyouhavetobecause
ifyoudon'tyou'lllooklikescrooge.

He mumbles something about hating it, goes to the garage later, plugs in a few strands and declares them all not working properly so he throws them out.

Fine, I say. I'll just go over to Target and buy new lights and do them myself, you scroogy-bastard fucker. (I didn't really say that, I just thought it, and I wasn't even thinking it that meanly.)

As I'm heading out the door, I hear him talking to his friend on the phone explaining how it's the one chore he hates to do (don't get me started on the fact that it took TWO YEARS to hang a five-dollar picture up from TJ Maxx, and I'm still waiting for him to replace the toilet mechanism that flushes ... just wait till the toilet stops working and I'm sure it'll be all my fault...

DIGRESSING HERE!

Anyway, he's telling his friend how he doesn't want to do it, and how all the lights are not working and how he told me to go to Target to pick up some new lights.

I hear him say, "Yeah, I told her to go spend twenty or thirty bucks for new lights for the house."

Bahawhahahahahahahah!

He must be in Disneyland if he thinks we can decorate a half a tree for twenty bucks.

Who the hell is he kidding?

Anyway, I managed to keep the cost to below $70 with an extra box left behind. I did all the lights, and I'm going out there now to see how they look.

Bah Humbug Scroogy Man, Bah Humbug.

13 comments:

xxxx said...

So was Ajers right?? WAS that where you got your tattoo?

Taking the lights down is worse than putting them up ... guess which one Hubby Scrooge gets to do now!

(AND YAYYYYYY!! YOU'RE BACK!)

Drewpy Drew said...

Why did you get your tattoo in the street? Were you putting up Christmas lights while it was being done?

BTW I put my lights up on Friday.

Andie said...

yeah, we put our lights up yesterday. We don't mind so much. but for some reason, hubby was NOT feeling it this year. Usually he's all excited to do it!

This year, notsomuch.

Glad you're back!

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Drew, I do all my bidniz on da street mah man! Hahah.

And I woulda done my lights on Friday had I been home! geeze, can't a girl get a break?

Hi Andie! Happy belated T-giving.

Anonymous said...

Well Manic tell your hubs its 40 degress celsius which in american terms is fucking hot!!! And he can come put my lights up here or put your s up... His choice.... though Iwouldnt want to be doing it in this freaking heat!!!!!

I'm melting....... and so are my tim tams..... Hellllllllllllllllllllllllllppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

violetvirus said...

You are back!..I've missed you and your entries so much!!! :P

cool tattoo btw..

Nancy French said...

Oh man! I remember your old 'hood.

Sugarmama said...

I agree with swishy--taking them down is MUCH worse than putting them up! Not that we've actually put ours up yet or anything...

Kari Lee Townsend said...

Yahoo, you're back. Me too. And don't feel bad, mine is the only house with Halloween decorations still up. My hubby is out of town so I'll have to do all the decorations myself too.

Christa said...

hey! sorry if I leftyou hanging on IM- I had to run and get my son and I had not realized how late it was! Good chatting with ya, I'll catchya again- you have to answer me though- what else are you working on?

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Hey Christa, no worries, I had children to take care of too! What else am I working on, you ask?

I have to lose weight!!!!! LOLLOLO

Frannie Farmer said...

Mr. Farmer hates that chore as well. I think he is actually glad that we are snowed in now, so he has an excuse for not getting it done - the bum.
The brood knows where Frannie got her tattoo as well .. on the rare occasion that we drive by - they always ask if that's where they'll get their tattoo, as if its a given ...

Jess Riley said...

That's why we don't do Christmas lights. Such a pain. Also because our old-ass house doesn't have exterior outlets.

Yeah, probably moreso the last one.