Tuesday, November 07, 2006

You Know I HATE Math, But this is COOL!

I loathe math, completely, utterly LOATHE it. But this is just tooo strange. Even more strange than the Lint Brush episode.

It really worked. Get out a calculator...

YOUR AGE BY DINER & RESTAURANT MATH

It takes less than a minute .
Work this out as you read ...
Be sure you don't read the bottom until you've worked it out!
This is not one of those waste of time things, it's fun.

1. First of all, pick the number of times a week that you would like to go out to eat. (more than once but less than 10)

2. Multiply this number by 2 (just to be bold)

3. Add 5

4. Multiply it by 50

5. If you HAVE already had your birthday this year add 1756.

If you HAVEN'T add 1755.

6. Now subtract the four digit year that you were born.

You should have a three digit number.

The first digit of this was your original number of how many times you want to go out to a restaurant in a week.

The next two numbers are:

YOUR AGE! (Oh YES, it is!!!!!)

THIS IS THE ONLY YEAR (2006) IT WILL EVER WORK, SO SPREAD IT AROUND WHILE IT LASTS, and if you feel like putting it on your blog, go ahead and tell 'em Manic Mom taught you this neat little mathematical craze!

(Leave me a comment to let me know if it worked or not!)

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

DAMN! It worked.

Hey - Saw Jay Leno cooking with chicken the other night... thought of you.

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Anon, I never had sex with Jay Leno... ewww... that's probably WORSE than playing with raw chicken.

OK, I just grossed myself out.

Barbie Jo Mahoney said...

HA! this was fun!! It did work. Although I'm bummed cuz I can't eat out that many times, and damn...I'm getting closer to that next b-day.

I love fun math! Thanks Manic!

Chrissy said...

OMGosh, that is soooooo0 weird! WHO created that formula? I'm sending it off to my son's 5th grade math teacher (hey, my son, the kid who scored a 99% on a nat'l standardized test!)

I've got to put this up tomorrow and link your post :-)Chrissy

BlondeBrony said...

I've done that before. Weird hey?

Thanks for sharing.

R'acquel said...

It worked! Cool ;)

Steve H said...

that's nutty!

Kari Lee Townsend said...

Trish had a post the other day very similar to this one and it worked too. IT showed the month and day you were born. Very weird that it works for age too. Someone has way too much time on their hands to sit around coming up with the right formula to make all those math tricks work. Very cool stuff though.

Karen said...

OK, that's kinda creepy...but FUN! Thanks for sharing. I hope you don't mind if I steal it. Awesome!!

cubmommy said...

It worked. Very weird.

Anonymous said...

My husband could explain why this works, but it makes my head hurt when I try and understand it. Why don't you like Jay Leno? Or is it all night time talk show hosts?

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Eileen--it's not that I don't like Jay Leno, but ewwww, having sex with him. Can you envision lying under him and looking at that face while trying to have an orgasm?

Gross.Me.Out.The.Door.

Anonymous said...

Yep did it though icouldnt eat out that much... and where would I eat out in this tiny town?? hmm... maybe I can eat that many packets of tim tams.... ya right if I want a super fat ass....

thanks for the fun.....

rr

TTQ said...

The first number is wrong..the age was right. I never was any good with math.. I'm gonna try and do it again..than give up

TTQ said...

Oh oops It's right now.

Anonymous said...

worked for me! very clever :)

Anonymous said...

This is actually very simplistic, and I've seen similar tricks before.

The solution:
Designate the number you choose as x. When you multiply by 2 and add 5, you get 2x + 5. Then multiply by 50, and you get 50 (2x + 5) = 100x + 250. If you add 1756 to this, you will get 100x + 2006 (the current year). If you add 1755, you get 100X + 2005. When you subtract the year you were born from the current year or from last year you end up with 100x + Your Age. This ends up as a three digit number with your original chosen number in the hundreds place, and your age in the tens and ones places.

Simple. You can try this again next year by simply adding 1757 or 1756 depending on whether your birthday has passed, etc. etc.

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

MD, you are waaaayy too smart for me!

Are you a doctor? What's the MD stand for?

And are you male? I just assume so because, no offense to the women readers here, but men are better at math...

Don't hit me please.

Anonymous said...

I do have a medical degree, but, believe me, I am not that smart.

I'm not a man. I'm actually a mom!

I don't agree that men are innately better at math. But no offense taken.