Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Feel-Good Movie

I think CMommy is a big fan of this movie too, but tonight is the first time I've actually sat and watched the complete movie, and I am totally loving Disney's High School Musical! Why the hell wasn't it made for the big screen though? That one woulda made a ton of money.

Watching it gives me the same feelings as the first time I saw Grease, Footloose and Dirty Dancing. It really just makes my heart feel happy! If you are of the era of these above-mentioned movies, and remember watching them and wanting to get up and dance in the aisle of your local movie theater (which I think I did when I saw Footloose), then you should really go out and rent High School Musical.

It's just fun in a warm-hearted way, and it makes you wish you could go to high school again, and it also makes you wish all high schools were really like that, and it makes you wish you never sucked at chemistry and that you had a hot basketball star who could melt you with his voice and would fall in love with you!

It also shares a really, really, really great and important lesson about how people should be accepting of others no matter what.

I hope my kids learned something from it other than Mommy really stinks at the sing-along parts and she should stop getting all giddy right at the part when Troy almost kisses Gabriella!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I haven't heard of it, maybe because it didn't make the big screen and because I don't have kids. But I'm from the same time period as you, so I know the other movies of which you speak. May have to check this one out.

Anonymous said...

I've heard of this, but haven't watched it. I don't think teenaged boys have the same lurve for it as do girls.

Steve H said...

my boys love this movie and they've watched it (and the sing-a-long and dance-move versions) ove and over and over and over.

i love it, too - you're right, it's really good and a nice message as well.

from what i understand, disney didn't think it would be so big, otherwise it would have been released into theaters. maybe the sequel will make it to the big screen...

ps: ryan and sharpay crack me up.

Anonymous said...

I can not fathom anything that would make me want to go back to high school.

Jess Riley said...

I'll have to check this out. But don't tell J, he'd tease me mercilessly to no end. :)

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

Martini said...

As a big fan of "Grease", I held little hope this would be enjoyable when watching with my kids 8 & 10.

I was very pleasantly surprised. It was entertaining and catchy.

High school rocked....it made me think of all of the great times....minus the singing of course.

Fairly okay viewing experience. Kids love it....

Grease is the way we are feeling...

Andie said...

hmmm I need to check this one out! sounds like a movie i need to watch when my hubby is out fishing!

Chrissy said...

Yippeeeeeeeeeee!! You did it!

I'm ready to send a video to Disney of J doing the "Get Your Head In the Game" routine. I may sign the boy up for a hip-hop class. Whaddya think?! :-)C

mamashine said...

I got hooked on this one from cmommy too, and we can't stop watching it around here. Even my husband thinks it's cute, and my almost-three-year old constantly asks for sharpay. :)

By far the best Disney movie in years, especially one not involved with Pixar.