Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Reason Found!

I KNOW why I'm a crabby bitch. Our freaking air conditioner is broken and I was feeling the effects of having a near freaking heat stroke in this house. It was like 78 and boiling in here. And if you know me, I'm the type that has either air conditioning or heat on all year round. There ain't nothing in between. And now I don't know how I'm going to sleep tonight. Maybe in the cool bathtub. Ugh. I hate no air.

And here's another reason I am even more crabby than the last time I posted. I am so domestically-challenged, it took me more than an hour to attempt to put iron-on decals onto my kids shirts for FIESTA! Vacation Bible School.

I suck at domesticity. At least I knew where the iron was. Too bad the kids looked at the contraption and asked "What is that?"

I told Diva never to learn. It's a pointless, meaningless, trivial chore.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fiesta? It makes me picture bible camp with a Satan pianta, and all these kids whacking the hell out of it. I mean heck.

tommy said...

Damn!!!! I guess a little nookie for hubby tonite is out of the question???? Please get the AC fixed quickly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

g. said...

That Sucks !!! I can not live without A/C - can't you go check into some lux hotel somewhere ??? :)

g.

Cece said...

I'm with Gina. Go to a hotel. Leave the kids with the inlaws and you and the hubby can get hot in a very cool place! ;-)

Melissa said...

While shopping for my daughter to go away to college last fall, we walked down the aisle in Wal-Mart past the irons.

She says, "Oh, I should get an iron!"

I replied, "When have you ever ironed anything in your life?"

She answers, "Never, but it's on every list of things you need to take away to college."

You're on the right track. I don't know anyone who irons anymore.

We're doing Fiesta also...no t-shirts to be ironed on here though thank goodness!

Andie said...

I don't believe in ironing either. I throw it in the dryer on the high heat setting with a dryer sheet and a damp rag! Good enough for me!

oh, and no a/c... um, yeah. After Katrina, we were staying at our house with no electricity for a week. It was MISERY when trying to sleep. Just imagine August in New Orleans- 95 degree temps and high humidity. Trust me when I say I have a new found appreciation for electricity! Trying to sleep with no a/c is probably worse than getting a root canal. So, yeah, I hear ya... be crabby all you want!!!

And go buy yourself a window unit!!!

Anonymous said...

awesome blog........I read your "40 weeks" blog too........the only disappointment was, there isn't more yet.

Can't remember what number "I plan to go to bed on time but then get suckered into the computer" was.....but I can totally relate to that. On that note, I'm off to bed.

The Integral

One of 3 active personalities in 1 body.

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Integral--thanks for commenting--you've read through to a lot of the past! I appreciate that! Next time, leave a blog link or an email so I can reply personally! Thanks for stopping by, and hope you'll continue to do so!