Saturday, August 05, 2006

My Saturday: Perfect or Perfectly Wasteful

5:56 a.m.: Wake and lie there for a moment wondering, "is this going to be a hangover?" Go pee, drink water, get back into bed, kick covers around because it's too damn hot. Fall back to sleep.

7:46 a.m.: The stupid phone is ringing. Before I went to bed last night, I shoved the phone at the bottom of my underwear drawer. I do this on weekends so stupid people calling at 7:46 a.m. do not wake me up. However, I hear it. I answer it.

"Hey, five weeks today and I haven't been arrested again!"

It's my brother.

I groan.

"Oh yeah, I forgot, it's the weekend and you sleep in! Well, I am out for a five-mile walk with Rudy the dog and Colin my son!"

Dude, go back to jail where you can't have access to a phone at 7:46 a.m. I throw the phone to hubby. "It's for you." Covers back over my head, but no use. Stupid dog Lovey comes jumping in on me. Kids are waking up and talking loudly. I inform hub he can take the kids to the swim birthday party today. I sneak off into Tukey's room with my Woobie blankey and pillow. Drown out the silence and fall back asleep.

12:15 p.m.: Noise downstairs. They're back from the party ALREADY? I guess I better get up.

Downstairs, I eat a bowl of Quaker Oatmeal Squares, drink some water. Screw around on the computer a while. Ajers wants noodles. I make 'em extra good with loads of butter and parmasan. Mom and I eat some.

Get a request for a partial for 40 Weeks. This makes me slightly happy since yesterday's rejection hit. At least I have some game left.

1:45 p.m.: It is decided that from 2 to 4 p.m. we will have family quiet hour, and then we'll all go putt-putt golfing and out for pizza. Hubby's looking for some lovin' and I'm ready to oblige, but then when he comes upstairs, he's got Tukey on his back.

"How can I resist this little guy when he says he wants to take a nap with us?"

2:15 - 3:05: The three of us cuddle. Ajers comes in about ten times asking if he can do this, do that, go across the street, play with Karl. "Do whatever you want, but quit coming in here," I say.

3:15 p.m.: Tukey and Dad are whispering about getting up.

GET UP! GET OUT! Covers over my head again.

4:54: Kind of wake up, roll over, look at clock. Close eyes again.

5:06: Better get up to see if we're going Putt Putt golfing.

5:11 p.m.: Downstairs--Mom and Hub are playing cards and drinking cocktails. Two of the three kids are outside playing. Looks like I got up for nothing. Ate some fudge the neighbor brought over because I offered to get her mail for her when they were out of town.

6:30 p.m.: "Why don't you do something useful today and go get some food for us," Mom and Hubby suggest.

Fine.

7:12 p.m.: Get back from picking up food at Doggie Diner, a place we used to go when I was in high school.

We gorge on gyros and fries.

7:45 - Now: Prepared eight queries to send out on Monday.

10:15: Think I'll go to bed now and read Straight Up And Dirty.

So, a perfect day or perfectly wasted day?

11 comments:

MQ said...

Sounds like a lovely day to me. I'm looking forward to about 30 of those while my husband is on leave. Then it's back to civilian life and jobs...of course I'll probably be glad to get him out of the house by then :)

Big D said...

Here is a quote by John Lennon I love.

It's not wasted time if you enjoyed wasting it." or something like that.

xxxx said...

PERFECT day, fo sho! My idea of a perfect day is not doing ANYTHING. I need one of those something fierce.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like heaven!! so are you enjoying straight up and dirty?

looking forward to your thoughts!!

RR

ps.. pick up the reeses tomorrow!! Thanks again!!

Anonymous said...

a perfect day for sure!! you distracted me with your perfect day too, I just said in my paper that something that happened in 1985 was because of advise received in 1987... Maybe it's just cos it's midnight here and I'm still up working!

eatmisery said...

I missed reading your blogs while I was on vacation. I'm catching up right now!

Anonymous said...

I think we should all have days like that sometimes.

cubmommy said...

A day of nothing is awesome!@ Ok I am drunk commenting right now. You are going toj have to read tomorrow on my blog why.

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

mq--I had a great day!

Big D--what's the D stand for? Daddy?

Swishomatic, my love-love you!

Ramblin--I am liking Straight up and dirty, but hey, that's the way I usually like it!

Nicola--you work too hard! I lost my virginity in 1987.

Eatmis--Hope you had a good vaca. I have to stop over at your blog. Also, FYI, I checked at BZ, and Liv's story is not live yet.

Caryn--yep, a day like yesterday was a great one!

Cubmommy--why are you drunk? Were you at a baseball game.

I am buzzed now. We were at friend's and then the cops called my friend's house because our alarm system was going off. Turns out Lovely Demon Dog set off the motion detectors in the house!

cubmommy said...

It is my birthday today and last night I was celebrating with a big can of Foster's beer. I was a little buzzed. Not been that way in awhile.

Andie said...

I wish I could have a day like that!!!