Tuesday, April 24, 2012

THE FIRST HUSBAND by Laura Dave

Winner announced HERE!






Laura Dave  is one of my most favorite authors. Her books sit on my special shelf. Yes, I have a special shelf! She’s also been extremely generous on MaNiC, having given away a boatload of her books here. She’s one of those authors that goes out of her way to make sure her readers know how much they are appreciated, and she’s been especially helpful to me in my quest for publication! I’m always thrilled to host her on MaNiC (which you also may note the change in name: BooKiNG with MaNiC!)

The First Husband came out in paperback today and it got a fun makeover in the cover department. It looks like candy, doesn’t it? Don’t you want to lick it? Yummy! And guess what? It is EVEN BETTER INSIDE!

What I love about Laura’s male characters is she makes them so endearing, you don’t know who is going to be the main catch! Laura’s the type of author who makes you fall in love with all of her characters. They’re so real and likeable, even the ones you’re not quite sure you’re supposed to like.

Back-of-the-book:

Annie Adams thinks she has it all. Her longtime boyfriend, Nick, is on the verge of becoming a successful film director, her travel column is nationally syndicated, and they've got a great dog. Her life finally feels like it is falling into place. Until, out of nowhere, Nick announces that he's reconnected with a woman from his past and he's moving out.

Reeling from Nick's exit, Annie stumbles into her neighborhood bar and finds Griffin, a down to earth chef who seems to be everything she didn’t know she wanted. Three months later, they’re married. And Annie finds herself in a small Massachusetts town -- completely unmoored and wondering if she’s picked a life on the rebound. When Nick returns, wanting a second chance, Annie's stuck: truly torn between her husband and the man she may have been meant to marry.

 
I’ve asked this question before but I’d like you to tell me who in the CELEBRITY world would be YOUR PERFECT FIRST HUSBAND – can be an actor, singer, or other random famous person. Tell me who that one ideal famous person is, and you will be entered to win THE FIRST HUSBAND!

Also, if you have NOT checked out Laura’s other books, GET TO IT! London is the Best City in America and The Divorce Party are absolutely positively AMAZING books!

Do NOT forget to go back and check in on all the other terrific books I’ve got up on the blog! There are about six still up for grabs! And you’ll have till through the weekend, then I’ll probably start drawing some names for winners! Get going! Lots of great books to win! There are fab books from these authors available NOW:  


Don’t miss ‘em! I just gave you ALL OF THE LINKS! Click on them here and it’ll take you right to the posts so you can enter with ease! (That’s what she said!)

As always, thanks to the awesome authors and publicists for sharing their books. US / Canada participants only. I never receive money for these posts, but man, if I did, I’d be rich by now, huh? It would be awesome if you could share this blog with your reader friends too - it's the best way for your friends to find out about these great authors!

PeaCe ouT!
Xo MaNiC







61 comments:

Joelle said...

Tom Hanks. I just love him. <3

Becki**** said...

Lloyd Dobler ..I mean John Cusack, lol

Katie said...

This is a tough one-This time I am going to go with Dave Matthews....

Literary Chanteuse said...

Hugh Jackman!

Margaret(singitm)

Margie said...

haha....George Clooney!
Margie T

Bridget said...

LL Cool J. dimples

iambtinrb

Carie Casey said...

Nick Lachey. If he can put up with all of Jessica Simpson's craziness then he could def put up with me.

Carie

Kristen said...

Justin Timberlake. :)

Kristen27

Melissa said...

Matt Damon

-tmd636

ncsuloges said...

Yea you have asked it but we can always change our minds :) haha Barack Obama! or Peyton Manning

Anonymous said...

josh burrow (aka cptain morgan in the rum commericals) or gerard butler!

Melissa said...

Hugh Jackman

Melissa Rem

accidentalgypsy said...

I would go with either Tom Hanks or Jason Segel. Just regular funny guys. :)

Crystal said...

Justin Timberlake. Forever & always!

crystal717

Emma S. said...

I would say Michael Phelps! I've had an obsession with him for the past 12 years since I was 14.

Bernadette7 said...

Harrison Ford! And I've read this book and it's amazong and I would still love to win it and pass it around my circle of book loving friends!

DaphneSFL said...

Jerry Seinfeld

hollagurrl said...

Josh Radnor is my top choice, as long as he's like his character Ted Mosby on How I Met Your Mother -- romantic and "geeky-cool" with all the facts he knows about architecture, literature and grammar.

buttah said...

I would go with Paul Rudd...he's my funny adorable pick!!

Anonymous said...

Oops...I was signed in as my daughter when I left the comment about Josh Radnor. She'd prefer one of the guys from One Direction!

CAnative said...

Robert Downey, Jr.

Nicole

BrendaL71 said...

Man, this one is hard. I'm stuck from either Leonardo DiCaprio or Matt Damon.

Krystal said...

I <3 Andy Samberg!
kndyer

Emily said...

Gerard Butler, hands down.
He could be my first, second, and third husband if he'd like to be...

Emily116

Jeffie T said...

George Strait

Anonymous said...

Either Jeff Probst from Survivor or Ryan Seacrest.

-Donna W.

absolutahnie said...

i'm A.NONYMOUS up there with josh burrow & gerard butler!

Unknown said...

Mark Ruffalo!! <3 <3 <3 that man! :)

Bev V said...

Jimmy Smits.

Bev V (shaggy552@gmail.com)

Leslie said...

Chris O'Donnell - so cute and from magazine article I read, he really is a great husband and father. LeslieGC

Ally said...

Hugh Jackman!!!!!

Leah B said...

I have to steal someone else's and go with Peyton Manning. There is just something about him ... plus I fell like Thanksgivings at the Manning's would be AWESOME.

Susan @ The Book Bag said...

George Clooney - he is so adorable! And funny!

karenk said...

richard gere.

karenk
kmkuka at yahoo dot com

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

Brad Pitt, DUH!!!!! No one has listed him yet? Of course without facial hair.

Bridget O'Neill said...

The silver fox Mark Harmon!

bjoneill@hotmail.com

luddy2288 said...

Jon Stewart!

your invisible pixie said...

ryan gosling! mmm.

Lizett34 said...

Andy Roddick!

Lizett34@yahoo.com

Erin G said...

Michael Vartan!

TaraUB said...

Jake Gyllenhaal

GoGreen said...

Actor Josh Jackson



Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Patrick Dempsey
Michelle m !

EBrowning said...

Ryan Renolds or Ryan Gosling both are yummy! :)

Tiffany Drew said...

Paul Rudd, I've been swooning over him for fifteen years and he just gets funnier and sexier with age :)

Terri said...

Ryan Reynolds

Terri m.

Books & Reviews said...

Ryan Kwantenz! Have you seen his yummy abs and his accent is incredibly sexy.

keltban said...

Chris Isaak...I have been in love with him forever.

Kelleyc said...

Patrick dempsey or Ben affleck.

Heather said...

Tom Hanks or The Rock LOL

Kristi said...

Channing Tatum... he's yummy!

aggiekristi04

betsy_blixt said...

Ryan Gosling

Nanette said...

Hugh Jackman. Nuff said. :)

Megan said...

John Cusack!!
Eloisepeaches

A.C. Morris said...

Going to have to agree with two previous ladies. Peyton Manning would be a good choice. That would be a fun family to be a part of!

Ready To Be A Momma said...

Ryan Gosling
qweska8402

KZyden said...

Gerald Butler. I cannot resist a man with an accent! Probabky why I married a kiwi..

Kris Shirer said...

Harry Connick Jr, he's my boyfriend already so ...
kshire04@hotmail.com

Marilyn Janssen said...

Sting. Didn't even have to think about it.

Tami said...

Michael Buble!!

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Thanks for entering to win this book! Comments are now closed! No more entries will be taken to qualify for this book, but please check back for the next book being featured!