Friday, June 22, 2007

This Is A New One or "Aww Shucks!"


So, it’s 6:33 a.m. and my walking pal and I are huffing it up the street, and chitchatting about Knocked Up, which I saw last night and, as I wish these walks would accomplish, I laughed my ass off through it all.

HI-Larry-Us.

Like American Pie hilarious, Will Ferrell hilarious, the funniest-movie-you’ve-seen-all-year hilarious (Damn, I should be a Siskel and Ebert kinda person, huh?)

I think it’s a must-see for any pregnant woman. Hell, they should let pregnant babes in for free, just because they’re so hormonal and moody and tearful anyway, they deserve to see this movie just so they can have 2½ hours of worry-free laughing. It’s that funny. I thought so anyway.

The fake belly didn’t look too real though. It never shook. And the fake vajiggity was kinda gross – in that strange way like when your brain says, “Ewww, that is so gross,” but at the exact same second, the perverted part of your brain is also saying, “Wait, is there a rewind button on this thing so I can see it again.” Like that kinda gross.

So, back to the point of the post (I sway a lot lately, don’t I?)… Walking Gal Pal and I are doing our thing, and I’m telling her about Knocked Up. Conversation continues like so:

“It’s such a funny movie, but I would like, not let a 13-year-old see it though. They drop the F-bomb A LOT, and there’s a stripper scene where the guy’s nose is rubbing all up against the stripper’s a$$, and there is some serious bumping and grinding going on, and different positions, and it’s just not really appropriate for anyone younger than 17, I’d say.”

Walking Gal Pal laughs and says, “It sounds like that American Pie kinda humor.”

“Yeah, and I just couldn’t imagine seeing it with my teenage daughter one day, or anything like that,” I note.

“Totally,” says WGP. “It’s like when I was with my mom at that spa retreat the other weekend. That movie with Owen Wilson was on… You, Me and Dupree…”

“Yeah?”

“So my mom and I are watching it and all of a sudden, there’s Owen Wilson sitting in the bean bag shuckin’ Bubba.”

Excuse me?

“You did not just say, ‘Shucking Bubba?’”

Shucking Bubba. Say it aloud with me folks.

Shucking Bubba. What kind of phrase is that, and why have I not heard it before, and WHY didn’t I think of it because I LOVE IT!

I have NEVER in my entire life heard of that phrase! I’ve heard plenty of ‘em too… playing the one-man violin, strokin’ the salami, whackin’ the mole (nah, just made that one up, actually), spankin’ the monkey… but NEVER …

Shuckin’ Bubba.

That’s a totally new one for me. I am positive Mr. Manic hasn’t even heard that one, and he’s a guy! So I can’t wait for the next time he comes downstairs from taking a shower or something, and I look at him and ask, “Whatcha been doin’? Shuckin’ Bubba?”

Bwahahahahahahaha!

Ever since I heard the phrase this morning, I’ll be doing something, and then all of a sudden, I’ll think, “Shucking Bubba,” like hmmmm… that is so interesting. And I say it in my mind a couple times and smile. It’s almost like it is just so fun to say it makes me happy.

Man, I love the English language, don’t you?

22 comments:

Patti said...

mark, my friend who died...crap i gotta quit saying his name like that...he used to call it spankin' his monkey which was so unoriginal, or so we thought, until a mutual friend, who was a girl, and huh still is, overheard him and exclaimed loudly, "mark, i didn't know you had a monkey. ~silent moment for her to think~ why are you spanking it?"

i think of that moment every single time i see a monkey.

every. single. time.

aw, shucks...

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Patti, in some small strange way, I think every time you think or see a monkey, you thinking of Mark is just his cute little way of letting you know he's OK up there!

At least that's what I think!

Jess Riley said...

I love it! Shuckin' Bubba.

I need to see that movie.

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

What they need to do is make a movie called Shuckin' Bubba! Or I could write a book with that for a title!!! But wait, if there's an agent out there who doesn't Shuck Bubba, does that mean no one will want to rep it? ; )

xxxx said...

I have NEVER HEARD THAT!

OK, the fake vajayjay did not even freak me out because I knew it was a prosthetic and it LOOKED like a prosthetic to me. Plus they show it so fast.

I thought Debbie was the funniest part of the WHOLE MOVIE. SO freaking funny. And Katherine Heigl's skin looked fantastic.

Monnik said...

man, another movie i want to see... i should really just quit work so i can go to movies instead.

i also have not heard the term 'shucking bubba'. but it cracks me up!

The Anti-Wife said...

Wow! Great new terminology. Is she going to allow you to use that in one of your books?

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

So, I tried out "Shuckin' Bubba" on hubby today. He was in the bathroom a LLLLLOOOONNNNNNGGG time, and I know he sits in there and poops and plays his little crackberry game, and thinks. Right. So anyway, he comes out and I say, "What were you doing in there? Shuckin' Bubba?"

He didn't get it.

He thought it meant taking a dump.

When I finally convinced him it's the most hilarious phrase and it means masterbation, then the lightbulb went on and he laughed.

He's a little slow, my Mr. Manic, but I love him just the same!

Jenster said...

That's pure gold! I can't wait to use it in a conversation. :o)

XYZinn said...

Ha! That is so funny. My husband didn't know what it meant either!

Jenster said...

I was able to use it in a sentence last night while we were watching Saturday Night Live!! Hubby hooted over that one, having never heard it before.

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

I would love to hear how "Shucking Bubba" has made it into other households! Anyone?

TTQ said...

It's our anniversary this weekend..maybe I should ask Honey if I can shuck his bubba tonight instead of the full deal... I mean cause enough is enough already over here at our house...

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

TTQ-_OMG! I cannot believe it's your anniversary already! Happy Anniversary! I totally remember the pics from your wedding and all the prep stuff! A year does fly, doesn't it?

Have some fun Shuckin' Bubba!

thewriterslife said...

ROFLMAO...never heard of it, either, but guess what my new phrase of the day is going to be? *grin*

Angel said...

that is a good one... I have to work that into a conversation somehow...

Travis Erwin said...

Shuckin Bubba, now there's a phrase you can't beat.

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Travis--LOL, you said, "Beat." hee hee.

Rusty Nails said...

Whoooo...that IS funny. I'm a guy and I've never heard "Shuckin' Bubba" until now. (You forgot Waxin' the Carrot, Poundin' Pud, Pullin' on the Poi Poi...)

And...Vajiggity?! What the heck. Never heard one of those called that before either. Your blog is so education. I'm so sheltered.

Matt said...

like your husband, the first thing i thought of when i read "shucking bubba" was poo. i think (and this is utterly terrible) it's partially a result of the skin color in your illustration.

also shucking sounds like a horrendously painful thing to do to a penis.


i seem to recall straight 100% neckedness in Knocked Up. maybe just breasticles - not including the brilliant artificial viggitty (great word!). i'd definitely categorize it in the teen/adult genre - American Pie with a little bit of Clerks thrown in there.

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Men Readers of Manic--glad I could edumacate you on new terms like vajiggity and the shucking bubba stuff.

And I loved, loved, loved CLERKS, the original. Saw 1/2 of Clerks 2 but then the movie screen went dead, and we haven't rented it yet.

TTQ said...

Vajiggty...whole new spin on getting jiggy with it. Will Smith would be proud. I can't wait to use that one on Honey.