Saturday, January 26, 2008

BFF Girl's Day Out

I just spent the past seven hours with four of the most amazing girls I know—my high school girl friends and I’m a little buzzed so this is how it’s coming out and I’m not going to spell scchek and whatever but these girls are amazing and I’ve known them for over twenty years and where can you put five girls together and have this kind of mayhem happen:

1. We get in trouble at a nail salon because we were laughing too much and being too loud and there were people trying to get relaxing massages. We felt just like we were back in high school study hall again, getting in trouble for talking!



2. Drinking from a flask in the back of the car—totally reminiscent of high school!

3. We go to pee at the salon and I take one bathroom and my other friend takes the other bathroom, then my other friend comes knocking on my door yelling, “Let me in!” She had walked in to the other bathroom and there was a MAN showering in the other bathroom! We spend the next five minutes laughing our asses off, only to hear another knock five minutes later and it’s our other friend, T, laughing because SHE HAS JUST WALKED IN ON THE SAME MAN in the bathroom. I tend to think this man has planned this fantasy out on purpose so unsuspecting women getting their nails done then having to go pee will walk in on him hoping his fantasy of having girls walk in on him while showering at the spa will come true.

This is just some of the stuff that occurred during our girl’s day out. Other stuff includes a great lunch with wine, cocktails, desserts the size of your head and awesome waiters who were on hand to give back massages and take photos at the snap of our fingers!



There is much other stuff but I feel that it would jeopardize our friendship if I were to start telling all of cyberspace about our trip to the strip club and the cigar bar. Ha just kidding. We don’t strip and smoke. That’s just classless. And we are such classy chicks.

But, don’t you just love being with friends that you’ve known forever, friends you can say and do anything in front of, friends you can tell anything to?

Friends who you got drunk with for the first time with in high school?

Friends who lost their virginity in your basement when you were in high school?

Friends who you can yell at to turn down the music when you're at U of W in Madison Halloween weekend and you're so drunk you're throwing up and you need them to turn the music down cuz it's so loud and you cannot concentrate enough to throw up while the music is so loud (not me, of course, someone else).

Friends who covered for you when the cops came to your house in high school and when the cops asked them, "What's your address?", one of them actually walked outside to look at the front of the house to tell the cop the house number in order to prove she lived there? WTF T?

Friends who just tell it like it is, even if it means telling ya you need to spend the extra money on a new pair of jeans! : )

Friends you can actually FART in front of? These are those kinds of friends, except of course, we are too mature and ladylike to actually fart, that is just a figure of speech.

I love these friends. I’m so thankful for these friends. I don't say it enough. We are all too busy, with our marriages, our children, our jobs, our own lives. I see these best girlfriends not nearly enough. That’s the bad part.

There is a good part though.

The good part is that when we do see each other, we’re fully time-charged right back into 1987, like we’ve never moved forward, and I love that feeling; I love you all, Tracey, Sue, Peg and Kara, my very best, very best BFFs from high school, and no one can take the places of you gals!

26 comments:

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

HEY DRUNK GIRL! I have a photo you'll want to see over at my place. Nakedidity to celebrate Amandas new blog.

Hope your toes are happy!

K

onthegomom said...

My very best friend and I have been friends since we were 5 (don't tell but it's been 32 years...don't do the math). We are soul sisters and I have the very best time EVER when I am with her. Our daughters are friends now and it's amazing.

Your day sounded like so much fun!

AutoSysGene said...

Wow, you have a set of broads, too. Lucky you!! Sounds like a good time was had by all, friends you can fart in front of...they must be keepers.

Kalynne Pudner said...

And you all still live near each other? How lucky y'all are!

Mad-town Halloween weekend...I almost kinda remember that, one year. It was Gameday. There were big, big horsies, and cinnamon schnapps in our flasks, bodies being passed around the student section, and the band playing the Bud Song lying on their backs kicking their feet in the air like up-ended junebugs. As for after the game, I remember nothing at all.

Wow, that was a long time ago! I think I'm gonna call the girlfriends who were with me then. Thanks for the inspiration!

Jenny Gardiner said...

Totally cracked up about walking in on naked man. I was on a plane 2 weeks ago and went back to use the restroom. Opened the door to the tiny bathroom, and standing there, like half a foot from me, naked from the waste down was a very hair man. OMG, I about died. It was late at night, everyone on the plane was sleeping, I wanted to scream in surprise but thank goodness I didn't. Then I turned every which way to see if ANYONE saw what I just saw, but not a witness to be found. I ran back to my seat and just crossed my legs even though I really had to go badly...

Suburban Correspondent said...

I want that dessert...

Kate said...

And of course, desserts are points-free when you're with the girls!

That sounds like way too much fun!

My bff, Kelli, and I have been friends since we were 5 also, and it's been such fun to go through life together. She lives kind of far away now, but I still see her a lot and chat. And sometimes her babies video chat with me to tell me goodnight. How great is that?

I think that nekkid guy in the shower is priceless!

I love, love, love the hair! Of course, the waiter was offering massages--how could he help himself. =)

Moll said...

You are so lucky to have such wonderful friends and to live around them! I guess you are from the Chicago area? You are one sexy (yes, I love the hair) and lucky chica!

Anonymous said...

Dont you look like a cutie!!! How lucky to have stayed friends for a long long time!!


I hope you didnt tell your friends to trash that dessert.... You know you can be jailed for that :)

M said...

Sounds like fun. And yes I love those kinds of friends, and miss them. A lot. But your post brought me back and I vicariously enjoyed the little reunion. Glad you had such a good time!

Anonymous said...

My good friend Zippy told me you have friends for a reason - who don't last long, friends for a season - so that's like holiday mates you swear to keep in touch with but never do, and friends for life, of which there are few. I thought she was off her nut at the time but actually she has a point. And the lifetime friends are without doubt the best most amazing thing in the world. Good for the soul. You just made me homesick for the first time in 3 years. I'm off to call my Bestest bud - ON THE WEBCAM so we can see each other too - how cool is this internet thingy??!

Roger Miller said...

You know, none of my girlfriends ever want to talk to me, after all of these years. Of course, I don't think that my lovely bride Jenni wants that either.

Okay, lame comment, but I had to try didn't I? :-)

House of Jules said...

Excellent post! I love my old, old, old friends too- -the shared history is priceless, just like waiters who give massages!
Jules
House of Jules

Anonymous said...

sounds awesome i wish i had friends from way back when, but, (heading for my pity potty here) I dont... sigh thank god for my daughter as she is my best friend now. its hard to watch her grow up and know tha tone day she will leave too... but such is life.
Congratulations to you and your friends you have something so special!

Anonymous said...

I have a Fab Five of my own...five of us girls who have been friends since we were 8...going on 30 years now. It's so nice to have that group...we pick up like we never left off even after months of not seeing each other. It's so rare to have that kind of friendship...glad to see you have that same kind of group!

Eileen said...

1987 was a very good year!

Karen said...

Sounds like you had quite a good time. It's awesome to get away with friends.

Stephanie J. Blake said...

How freaking fun!

AlaneM said...

You & your gals sound like a hoot! Being with friends like that is such a release. I have a few like that but moved away from them a few months ago (sniff) & miss them soooo much. Can't wait til spring when I shall leave DH with the kids to spend 2 nights with my sisters.
Alane

Sauntering Soul said...

What an awesome way to spend a day!

I have a group of friends like that from high school. And I have another friend I've been friends with since we were 5 (that sounds like a popular age amongst your readers to meet a best friend!). It's always a fun time when we get together....but none of us have ever walked in on a naked man when we've gone out.

Anonymous said...

OMG! And you look SOOO cute in those photos!

blog author said...

i dont know what you're talking about....girls dont fart!! :)

Laski said...

This is so awesome that you got to spend this time with them! I have two friends I've known for a long time--from grade school and one from high school. I don't even keep in touch with college pals like I do them. They are there for everything! Awesome for you and those cute toes!!! You probably jazzed up that nail salon.

carrie said...

Good friends are the best! Glad you had a fun time!

XYZinn said...

What a bunch of hot mammas!! Sounds like fun. I am definitely craving some "girl" time right about now.

Anonymous said...

There's a lot of blood giving on your blog. This leads me to believe you're a vampire.