Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Blood And Vomit (Not As Bad As It Sounds) ADDENDUM* END OF POST!!!

MAJOR CONTEST PRIZE MONEY
ANNOUNCEMENT AT END OF POST!

If I could projectile vomit split pea-soup ala Exorcist-style all over every single person who thinks they know what the freaking heck they’re doing when they answer the phone at 1-888-KOMKAST, I would do this in a heartbeat and not feel one single ounce of remorse when doing so.

Just sayin’.

In other news, do you have extra blood inside of your body you’d like to share with someone who might desperately need it because he or she is really sick or could be dying? I’m sure you do! Well, if you have an extra pint, I have an extra buck, and I’d like to put that dollar where your vein is! I'm holding the first Manic Mommy contest of 2008 and, if you’ve ever taken part in a Manic Mommy contest, I stay true to my word!

You can read ALL about the contest HERE! And yes, LOTSA MANIC MONEY IS INVOLVED! Because I am that crazy and have nothing better to do with my life.

Except blog and think up ways to spend my money trying to have others save other people’s lives.

I guess that's a good thing, right?

To learn more blood donation opportunities, visit www.givelife.org or
call 1-800-GIVE-LIFE (1-800-448-3543).

And check out the NEAT-O contest I'm holding!

THIS JUST IN! BUG TRIES AGAIN
IS MATCHING THE PRIZE MONEY--
TECHNICALLY, THE PRIZE MONEY
CAN BE AS HIGH AS $400
IF YOU DONATE BLOOD!


FOUR HUNDRED BUCKS FOR
ONE PINT OF YOUR BLOOD!!!!!

18 comments:

House of Jules said...

OMG, you & my friend Jenny would have a field day on the subject of that cable/internet provider (that I currently do not have issues with so since I don't want to jinx it I'm not mentioning them by name). If you haven't already read this previous post, you should. It'll make you feel better! Comcastholes

Jules
House of Jules

I kid you not my word verification is kaybl.

HappyBlogChick said...

I have an appointment with the vampires at 6:15 tomorrow.

Hooray for blood sucking monsters, er, healthcare workers!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to try and go this weekend. Because then I'll get drunk faster on Saturday night when I go to a party. :)

Comcast is the reason why I have Dish Network.

Kate said...

We also hate that company. We got rid of them and now have U-Verse and love it.

I agree--Manic is true to her word. I am a former contest winner!

I am forcing hubby to eat red meat all week and vitamins so he should be recovered enough to donate this weekend.

AutoSysGene said...

I also have had my share of run ins with Comcrap (as we call them). Good luck, your gonna need it.

I keep giving blood but they never manage to donate it to anyone else except a lab technician. Can I get in on this deal? ;)

I still have yet to have one email. Looks like I may only have to buy one gift card....

Dawn said...

So, you're saying they're less than Comcastic?

Roger Miller said...

Not feeling enlightened by the television mafia, eh?

My wife got into an argument with one of their friendly service people, becasue she couldn't understand that we didn't NEED their service to "entertain" our kids.

I kid you not.

Roger Miller said...

Oh and don't forget to sweeten the pot with my matching dollars - we got to get these people donating, somehow!

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

mylhibug--are you REALLY matching dollar to dollar?? For really real? EMAIL ME!!!

And yes, Comtastic if F#CKFASTIC if you ask me.

Scout and Sage said...

They won't let me give blood since I've been in Britain since 1982. (We emigrated Dec '82) What toasted my biscuits was they wanted me to come in and donate before the deadline of the change in rules. Hello?? Either my blood is safe or it isn't!

They can settle for money donations and volunteering. :P

Val said...

Oh yes, I've had problems with them when I had them, now I have the company that rhymes with horizon, they aren't that much better(the internet is fine though). When you call to camplain about something not working you have a computer lady that dosen't understand half what you say and can never talk to a real person unless you wait over an hour.
I have my appointment today. I should be sending my pic later on.

Robin said...

My appointment is at 1:00 today. Say a prayer for lots of iron in my blood.
I fear rejection more than needles (and that is saying alot.)

Tanya said...

Wow the prize money is getting up there.

I think I can justify eating the burger for lunch to up my iron content in my blood. Hopefully they will let me donate.

I don't have Comcast, because they don't exist here. We have Charter, when the tell me something I don't like, I call and talk to someone else. Eventually you will get someone who tells you what you want to hear. Eventually. Just escalate the call to the supervisor and threaten to write the president of the company.

Robin said...

Well I am back. When the drop of blood refused to sink, the crowd gasped. But the reading after the centrifuge saved the day.

And the crowd went wild.

I am only a bit more light headed than usual.

roseys madhouse said...

So does this include international blood donations???
For once I can donate blood as I am not pregnant or breast feeding lol.

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

If you have an address where the prize money can be mailed, then you can participate. The only thing with overseas contestants is you might be able to get the dinner certificates or the movie tickets, but cash is cash, right?

It will most likely be a Mastercard or Visa gift card as the prize anyway. Stores accept them where you live?

Anonymous said...

So, you'd like to see that Comcastic company Comcastholes... Comcastrated?
KR

Cat said...

GREAT job ladies! you look SO much better than i do in the chair... maybe it was the guy taking the blood that did it :)