Monday, January 09, 2006

Coffee Demons?

They're out to get me.

All of a sudden, I announce I'm giving up Starbucks (trying to) and the Coffee Demons are swarming me.

The guy at the bank tells me I can answer a quick survey on loans and I'll get a $25 gift card to Starbucks.

I am getting emails for coffee products.

The smell of roasted coffee beans permeates my every pore when I walk through the grocery store.

Signs flash around me, taunting me, saying, "caffeinecaffeinecaffeineyouknowyouwantone."

They're everywhere.

And tonight, I am going to get my hair cut and colored, and...

there.
is.
a.
starbucks.
right.
across.
the.
street.
from.
the.
salon...

I'm caving...

But so what? If I want a freaking coffee, I'm getting one. So there, you Coffee Demons, you. You don't scare me.

Oh, yah they do.


* * * * * * *


(On the progressive story, there is still one last post to finish it off as of right now, so check it out and maybe you'll be the 15th contributor to end the story)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet the coffee demons won't haunt you quite as much if you allow yourself the occasional cup. At least, that's how I'd look at it -- sometimes what we don't allow ourself to eat is what we crave the most.

Shannin said...

i could never cut myself off competly.. the demonds won't let me!... i had some catching up to do here, sorry... i hope you are feeling a bit better; i think after the holidays we all come crashing down a bit....
take care...

Dear Jane... said...

I don't know what city you live in, but perhaps this AP news story will scare you away from Starbucks?

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - An explosive device was discovered at a San Francisco Starbucks coffee house on Monday.

San Francisco Police spokesman Dewayne Tulley confirmed that the device was found in the Starbucks bathroom, but said it did not go off.

The store remains closed.

Anonymous said...

I don't know why you make such a big deal about drinking Starbucks. Coffee actually is good for you if you drink it in moderation. If you don't want to spend all of the money going there than buy your self some starbucks beans and make it at home.

MQ said...

Aw come on anon! It just tastes different when you don't have to make it! But then again, I grew up in Seattle. 'nuff said

Like your blog Manic Mom. Ditto on your perfect day!

Anonymous said...

I'm all for discipline, but dang. Giving up Starbucks? You're mad, woman. Mad, I say!

Sugarmama said...

Now, I thought you were quitting Starbucks because of the expense. Doesn't that mean that a $25 gift card is just fine? Fill out the survey and give yourself a break already! Do it! Do it!

Chrissy said...

ok, I bought my "home coffee" at Homegoods until I discovered the flavored stuff made by FOLGERS! I love the hot, yummy stuff from Starbucks and can't pass up the Hazelnut from Panera Bread, BUT for 3.99/can, the Folgers is wonderful. use a tablespoon of Cool Whip light with Splenda and-got-it-goin-on! C

Anonymous said...

Good luck with it. I've been cola-free for several weeks now. It's been difficult, especially when I got out with people who do order a Coke and I can't get one.

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

I've only had one Starbucks and that was yesterday and it wasn't even that good. So, I think I'll be able to have one every now and then and not get outta control *thinking* I've got to have one every other day!