Monday, January 16, 2006

Quick Blog

Hey!

Well, the weekend took a turn and was far, far less boring that it had been on Friday when I posted about how bored I was. (Which BTW, I did get my pizza, even though it was Tony's frozen).

There's too much going on now to go into details but will fill you in later. It's some exciting stuff with my agent search -- I tell you, this is harder than writing a freaking 450-paged novel. But fun!

Also my essay, Sex and the Soccer Mom (It's All About the Need for Speed) was published in Mountain Parent's January issue, and it should be on their site for you to read soon. (I'll post the link when it's up.) It was a fun essay to write, and it got me out of sex a few nights too! ("Sorry honey, I can't 'snuggle' right now, I have to write this essay and tell the world about our sex life!")

I also had a dream that Sugar Mama called me on my cell phone and I had to tell her to call me back in 15 minutes because I was driving a car with no brakes and I had to get home. Then, I hung up with her and was screaming, "OH MY GOSH! A blog reader actually called me!" I was so excited in my dream. So, Sugar Mama, call me, we'll do coffee. Ah, better than that, we'll do grandenonfatsugarfreevanillalattes!

And if you've never heard this little jingly song kids sing, please, allow me to share:

"I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves
everybody's nerves
everybody's nerves

I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves
and this is how it goes...

I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves
everybody's nerves
EVERYBODY'S NERVES....

and this is how it goes..."

So, hopefully, I've transferred this annoying song that's been playing a constant loop in my head over to some of you, not that I intend to annoy you any more than I already do, but I just wanted to share. How many of you have heard it sung by your grade school children?

More probably later this week. Happy MLK Day.

10 comments:

Carly said...

OMG! the way you put the word "snuggle" in quotes scared me... does your husband use the same phrase to ask for nookie every time? Mine says "do you want a backrub?" in this pathetic/hopeful voice....

Mama D said...

I can hardly wait for the annoying songs my daughter will sing once in grade school. For now her songs sound like this "Waaa Waaagh Waaa." It's pretty annoying as well.

Monkey said...

Happy MLK day!

I'm looking forward to reading the essay. Sounds perfect for this time of year!

"snuggle"... snicker. Like Carly, the man here has a special voice for certain things. Usually when he talks about the animals.

And NOT IN THAT WAY. yeesh. Mind out of the gutter.

wallofdenial said...

thanks for the annoying song,,,,,My daughter has been banned fron that dam song anywhere around me,,,,and you bring it in to my work place so now I will have to go to the card and turn on the radio to get that dam song out of my head, Tahnk you very much

cubmommy said...

The annoying song in my head it the theme song to the Little Einstein's show. Big Cubby sings it all the time. I found myself singing it when I went to the library the other day. There were no kids around.

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Carly--He doesn't really say "snuggle"... actually, I don't really know what his mating call is--ha! I just used that for a G-rating on that post because my mom reads!

Mama D--yep, it only gets more annoying! Cherish that Waaaa Waaagh Waaaa! (And does the D stand for D cup boobs?)

Sugar--yep, we still get the diarhea song, and all that good stuff. I can't wait till they learn, "Milk, milk, lemonade... around the corner, fudge is made!" Oh God.

Hey Monkey! Missed ya! Does the man and woman at least turn you away when they snuggle so you don't have to watch! Ewww.

WOD--sorry man, but I had to transfer the song from my brain into someone else's, but now it seems to have found its way back here.

CubMommy--OK, thanks a lot. Now I have the opening theme of Baby Einstein in my head and can see that damned caterpillar slugging its way over my brain...!!!!

"I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves
everybody's nerves
everybody's nerves..."

I wonder, is it that annoying even if you just read it and don't really know the tune?

BabyonBored said...

Congrats on getting your essay published. I will look it up when it comes out. If I have time between all the sex I'm not having.

xxxx said...

What's happening with the agent search??? Fingers crossed for you!

Chrissy said...

Doing the Happy Dance for you and the writing accomplishments!

HOW am I supposed to go to SLEEP now that I have THAT SONG chirping in my head???!!!

I'll have to listen to "The Boondocks" by Little Big Town. Which is a cool song to have stuck in your brain during the day, but not condusive for sleep. However, it is the only song I can think of that might be able to take yours down tonight. ;-)C

Anonymous said...

So curious about what's going on with the agent search! Tell when you can! (Or, you know, email me if you just HAVE to....)