Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Meow



So, yesterday and today Tukey and I played a game we made up and it's really fun, it takes almost no props to play, and hardly even ANY energy. It's best played in the morning, and sunshine is required.

We played "Kitty Cat."

The sun was actually out yesterday, and in our house, we have a window above our front door that lets in loads of sunlight. In the morning, it hits right at the upstairs landing in the hallway just in front of Tukey and Ajers bedroom. Somehow (don't ask me how or why?) we decided we were going to be kitty cats so we went into the hallway and I laid down...

(Grammatical sidenote here: "lay, lie, to lay, have lain, lied, layed, laid" has always stumped me and I don't want a grammar lesson here, just go with whatever I wrote, K? Thanks.)

So, he and I were lying on the hallway floor, basking in the sun, talking about being cats and stretching in the warm spot and shielding our eyes every now and then from the light. And, No! WE DID NOT START LICKING OURSELVES!

Tukey decided that I would be much, much more comfortable if he were to get a pillow and blanket for me so he went into his bedroom and grabbed like six pillows and his blankets and his crab pillow, and his Hulk pillow, and his soccer ball pillow and we snuggled on the floor in the sun for like an hour.

And, far be it for me not to play a game by the book, and in doing what a normal cat would do, I felt it was my motherly duty to perform like a cat in the sun...

I fell asleep.

It was the most fun game we have EVER played!

So, today, when he came into my room, he said, "Let's play the Kitty Cat game again!"

OKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

This time, I got MY pillows and blanket, and he got out all the same stuff he had from yesterday and we played the game again. He even asked if he could have a bag of chips up there (I am the meanest mom when it comes to food in the house outside of the kitchen!), and I actually said YES!

So, Tukey sat up there, munching his chips, and doing a Madagascar word find puzzle, lying in the sun, while I pretended to be the pet cat he is never going to have.

I am so excited Tukey invented this game. I hope we get to play it every day!

18 comments:

her master said...

You are a hoot :)

1 plus twins said...

oh my gosh you sound like such a fun mom to do that with him and not get caught up in other things that may need done. how lucky turkey is. on the other hand and more importantly how damn lucky you are to have a kid that made up this so relaxing game. i am may have to steal it and introduce it to my boys!!! lol

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Hey Her Master--we would have played Puppy Dog but then I'd have to run around the house with a ball in my mouth and that didn't sound like much fun!

1 Plus--feel free to play. It's a lot of fun! ; )

Kari Lee Townsend said...

My kind of game and you sound like a fun mom. I don't let mine eat out of the kitchen either. Bugs and mice terrify me so I'm doing my best to avoid them, new house or not. Hmmm, I just might have to play that game right now with Emily.

Trish Ryan said...

I want to play at Manic Mom's house!

Drewpy Drew said...

That is the best game ever! I'm going to play it right now and I don't even have kids.

Anonymous said...

I would love to play Kitty Cat. I think I should teach this to my daughter!

Anonymous said...

I always thought I would make a good cat FOR EXACTLY THAT REASON. Falling asleep in a sunbeam is what I like best. Anywhoo, I was wondering what little kitty cat did when momma kitty cat fell asleep? Maybe you should check the cookie jar...

Just saying ;-)

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Trish--little kitty was sitting right there next to me, lounging on pillows, eating his fritos!

Angel said...

I wanna play this game! I love sleeping in the sun.

Unknown said...

what a great sweet game!!! I love, love, love it!! I too home you get to play it again and again Manic! Nothing like cozy, warm sunshine and pillows and blankets and a special person with you to enjoy it too!!

And my sis ain't kidding when she says that it is one of her favourite things to do.....there is a hammock at the cottage in a very strategic place on the screened in porch. And whenever, the sun is lowering just so....who can be seen napping in that hammock......TRISH!!!

xxxx said...

I've been wanting to play that game all day!

Lady Apple said...

what an awesome game!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Are you litter trained? :)

Lady Apple said...

hey, just got your comment that you tagged me over here and to come play...maybe it is too late...but i am looking around and i don't seem to see where you tagged me or what i am to play....i don't mind playing kitty cat here in my house ; ) but that is the only game i could find.....
maybe i will just have to check back tomorrow when my eyes are half shut...

g. said...

I can't wait to teach Aidan the cat game - lol !

check this out, I was dying reading it http://pope-rahsays.blogspot.com/2006/10/jackbutt-two.html#links

too funny !

g.

Frannie Farmer said...

Oh man .. I am so suggestuing this game at my house tomorrow. We have the purrfect spot and I know AngelBaby and LittleMiss will be game.
Tukey rocks!

Kari Lee Townsend said...

Okay, so where are your 5 things about you comments. I was going to post mine today, but now I'm waiting. You have to go first, so nah nah. I want to see how you switched it up;)))