Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year, Part Deux

You know how s-e-x is a private matter, something to be shared between two loving people, sometimes to reconnect with one another, sometimes to relieve stress, sometimes to procreate, and sometimes, just because you are drunk and stupid?

Yeah, well I've done it for all of those reasons at some point in my life.

Anyway, the New Year has started out quite nicely, and this a.m., Hubby and I had this discussion, and immediately after we stopped cracking up, I was like, "Hmmm, how can I get that into a blog-post."

So, here's my attempt, without giving too much away...because there are some things that are just too private to blogshare.

You know how sometimes you might be a little "less inhibited" when you're in a loving and comfortable relationship, and after you've had oh, say, three or seven martinis and a couple glasses of champagne?

Well, that might have been me last night. (Technically, today, really, I guess, because it was after midnight.)

So, this morning, after the "less inhibited" Manic and hubby woke up, we were talking in bed.

Me: You know how sometimes you make jokes about things that should stay private, and I get mad at you, and it makes me not want to do things with you again?"

Him: Yeah.

Me: Well, I don't want you making jokes, or kidding with me, or saying secret things about what we did last night, OK?"

Him: Yeah.

Silence...

Me: Because, if you do, then I won't want to do those things with you again, got it?

Him: Yeah, I got it. I won't make any jokes. Because I would really like to do that again sometime with you.

Me: Yeah, me too.

And then, some thoughtful contemplation on my part...

Me: By the way, what exactly were you doing?


Happy, Happy New Year!

10 comments:

OhTheJoys said...

You mean I shouldn't post a huge epistle every time my husband and I have sex? Sh*t. I have a really messed up blog.

JT said...

Okay, this is me and hubby, but in reverse. He's always complaining that I tell the world what we do in our private bedroom, kitchen, office....and how we did it, exactly. Drives him nuts, but I keep reminding him what a happy man he is.

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Ha! Oh the joys--I will have to get over there and read about your sexcapades! If I posted only every time there was some action, this blog would be extremely, extremely dusty! We're all about the quality, not the quantity, and thank God when it's there, it's ALLLL GOOOD!

Jen-T--No, you see, I am a talker too, always sharing the where the whys, the hows, but this one... well, this one was just something I didn't want him TEASING ME PRIVATELY about! : )

Unknown said...

Ha Ha! TOO funny! Happened to me once, long ago, when I was at Virginia Beach with my first x. I didn't remember what happened, and then wished to God he hadn't told me! LOL

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Ha Bina--I knew what was happening; I just wasn't sure... um... how... well, see, nevermind. Maybe this wasn't a poster! : )

Angel said...

oh, man, I know it's private and all that good stuff, but I have GOT to know what you were doing!!

I am jealous...I didn't get ANY!!!!!

Sugarmama said...

Aw, isn't it nice when the married sex gets rauncy sometimes? It's always a nice little surprise that we still have it in us. Here's to quality over quantity!

Anonymous said...

Half a bottle of whiskey and Texas Hold 'em with friends. Unfortunatly no where near as fun as playing for real money, or clothes for that matter ;-) Happy New Year.

Glenn

Jess Riley said...

Ha! Your posts are always inspiring. ;)

Happy New Year to you and the fam!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, I hope it didn't involve that Dyson attachment I mentioned....

KS