Sunday, January 07, 2007

Karate Kid

I see that Ajers is viewing The Karate Kid and I move into a karate stance, and say, "I watched this when I was a kid."

He checks the info for the movie and notes it was made in '85.

"You were 20?"

"I was 16!"

"They had movies back then?"

"Huh! Are you kidding me? That's a blogger, right there."

"Was it in black and white?"

He's lucky I don't do a tai-kwan-doe number on him for that comment...

THAT'S A POINT REMOVED!

(BTW, the point system is going fab!)

And, later on MM... The Collaboration of the Swish-O-Manic Resolution Plot... Stay tuned...

10 comments:

Save Sheila said...

You've been tagged!

Kari Lee Townsend said...

Kids give us way too much material;))

Glad the point system is going well. How's the writing going? Have you started the new book yet?? Heard anything from you know who???

xxxx said...

PUT HIM IN A BODY BAG, JOHNNY!!!

I loved that movie. I have that song "I am the man who will fight for your honor ..." in my head. Or was that in Karate Kid II? I can't remember since apparently it was CENTURIES ago!

Is the world ready for the Swish-O-Manic?!?!?!

TTQ said...

Wait til he watches "Footloose".....

kissmekate said...

My older kids look at me as though I am some kind of freak when I sing all these "hip" songs and ask me how I know the words.

DUH - of course it's a hit from my younger days!

The younger generation believe we lived in closets!

Anonymous said...

Just wait 'till he realizes that there was music before CDs...it was called a "record" and had to be played on a "record player".

Trish Ryan said...

Omigosh don't you hate those moments? My fourteen year old niece looked at me the other day and said, "What's the Grateful Dead?"

Amy said...

Love the Karate Kid, all of them. And I love the point system - how old does the kid have to be to get on board (mines still in diapers...) :)

Barbie Jo Mahoney said...

Ahhh...Karate Kid! My kids looked at me like I was nuts when I looked at my husband and said "Wax on, wax off". We cracked up of course. They just gave us "the look".

What pray tell is a Swish-o-manic?? Don't leave us hanging.

I can relate to the points. 2 days and 1 point under par both days!

Give Ajers the famous crane move and scare the bejeepers out of him!!!

Liza on Maui said...

love this post :) (I like Karate Kid :)