Saturday, May 13, 2006

9:22 A.M. Saturday

When you read this, picture me upstairs, Hub in the kitchen, Tukey in the bathroom near the kitchen.

Tukey: "Mom! Mom! Mom!"

Me: "What!"

Tukey: "Come wipe my butt!"

Me: "Where's Daddy?"

Daddy: "I'm making Ajers an omelet!"

Me: "Okay Tuke, I'll be right down."

Upon entering bathroom, notice Tukey is sitting on the pot with his eyes squinched tight. (I think I invented the word "squinch.")

Me: "Why are your eyes closed? Did you fall asleep waiting for me?"

Tukey: "No, I was praying."

Me: "That's nice."

Tukey: "When there's nothing else to do, I pray."

Me: "What were you praying about?"

Tukey: "That Jesus will praise our Lord."

(and probably that somebody would come wipe his poor butt!)

3 comments:

Modigliani said...

ha! Your family tales are hilarious, manic! You should get your own sitcom. :)

xxxx said...

Oh my gosh, that is ADORABLE!

I'll do the tag later today. But I did do a post in the meantime!

Anonymous said...

Ah motherhood, the glamour