Friday, May 19, 2006

Contest: Manic's Music - Win a Prize!

Below is a list of phrases from songs on Manic's iShuffle. Match the phrase with the band/musician who sings it to win. First person to get all 15 correct will win an iTunes card, Starbucks, Target--whatever you want, but it's only for ten bucks. OR, I'll make you a CD of the songs that are represented here (maybe I'll do that for runners-up, who the hell knows?--It would be an awesome CD, at least I think so!)

Anyway, play my game.* You can guess up to three times, and I will update the answers to let you know which ones are right (maybe, depending on if I get enough participants)...

So, in no particular order, here are the phrases to the songs:

1. She turns herself around and she smiles and says this is it that's the end of the joke.

2. It's such a long time getting over you so many wimpy love songs with I love you I hate you I love you I hate you.

3. I am feathered by the moonlight falling down on me I will walk along these hillsides in the summer 'neathe the sunshine (this ones for caryn/anna and had been previously featured in a Manic post).

4. When you move like a jellyfish rhythm don't mean nothing you go with the flow you don't stop.

5. Anybody could be that guy night is young and the music's high.

6. If I get it all down on paper it's no longer inside of me threatening the life it belongs to.

7. My life is brilliant my love is pure I saw an angel of that I'm sure.

8. Now they're going to bed my stomach is sick and it's all in my head but she's touching his chest now.

9. I'm twenty-two for a moment and she feels better than ever and we're on fire.

10. Remembering you standing quiet in the rain as I ran to your heart to be near and we kissed as the sky fell.

11. Did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there?

12. Party nights and neon lights we hit the floors we hit the heights dancing shoes and pretty girls boys in leather kiss girls in pearls.

13. Her legs spread out before me as her body goes limp all five horizons revolved around the sun.

14. I'm not internationally known but I'm known to rock the microphone because I get stupid I mean outrageous.

15. Neon signs through smoky eyes tonight it's 2 a.m. I'm drunk again it's heavy on my mind.

Now, here are the musicians who sing these phrases:

*Rob Base
*Wham
*James Blunt
*Anna Nalick
*ABBA
*Dave Matthews Band
*Jack Johnson
*The Cure
*Train
*Poi Dog Pondering
*Pearl Jam
*Psychedelic Furs
*Five For Fighting
*Counting Crows
*Killers

*Disclaimers/Notes: I have purposely not put the lyrics in line format and have left out punctuation. Relatives of Manic's are not eligible to play. Some words might be not exact, but I got them as close as I could.

25 comments:

g. said...

too easy - lol :)

Ill be back in a sec with the list

gina

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

SERIOUSLY!?!?!? TOO EASY? Friggity diggity! Okay, Gina, email me OFFLINE and I'll check your answers first - I want to see if others think it's hard or not, and if you post right away, then NO ONE WILL PLAY!!

(Of course, if you're right on all of them, you'll win, but let's just see how smart you are.)

Shit. I thought I had a good game goin'!

g. said...

okay I'll email, there were only 2 I didn't know and had to guess...

:)

I'm a music freak though, and lyrics stick in my head...

lol

gina

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Gina's disqualified cuz SHE SUCKS! LOL!

She is officially the Rain(wo)man of Lyrics.

So... anyone wanna take a stab at it, or do I need to make it harder? There is still a prize to be had.

LZ Blogger said...

SERIUOSLY? I have only ever heard of three of these bands! (Probably the OLDEST ones). I wonder what the price is for not having a clue? ~ jb///

Nancy French said...

wow -- you are too challenging today. I picked a hard day to pop over and say hey!

I love it that you have an iShuffle thingy.

NJ

cubmommy said...

I love Pearl Jam and I know which on that is. It is one of my favorite songs off of Ten.

I should know Rob Base but I don't know which one it was been a long time.

OK, I suck today can't think.

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

LZ--You know more than one or two, come on!

Nancy--thanks for coming over! My iShuffle ROCKS!

CubMommy--we are destined for friendship--I saw Pearl Jam in '92 when they opened for Smashing Pump who opened for Chili Peppers. Nobody had ever heard of them before. I went out and got the cassette of Ten the very next day! Love that song! I MUST give you the book before my trip!!!!

g. said...

Guess I have to share my own personal Pearl Jam story... I actually met Eddie Vedder... I was living in Seattle at the time and they had just released Ten and I was in a store downtown and I tripped and fell right into his arms... he was so nice and polite while I struggled with an inteligible thing to say... I say them a few weeks later at the Vogue and he came over and said HI... how cool is that???

Any have their new album?

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Okay, this is turning out to be a Pearl Jam groupie site! I met the original drummer at that concert I was at. He was just hanging out watching the Pumpkins after they played. But WOW Gina, your story is SOOOO much better. Eddie V. is HOT, as in Dirty Hot, as in Sing-to-me-while-you-make-love-to-me HOT! I guess I am connected to Eddie V. via Six Degrees of Separation now since I know you Gina! Way cooooool! Did you see him sing Take Me Out to the Ballgame at the Cubbies last week. He can TAKE ME anywhere he wants to!

xxxx said...

I love that Killers song! "Now, he takes off her dress ..."

Anonymous said...

I know I know I know...but like Gina, I am a music freak! HEHE

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

So Charity, aren't you going to make a guess?

Anonymous said...

do you want the list posted here or to your e mail addy?..-alani

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I definitely recognized the lyrics to the songs by Counting Crows, Anna Nalick, The Killers, Five For Fighting, The Cure, Train, and Pearl Jam but, wow, I’m stumped on all the rest, and I’m a lyrics girl.

Neat idea for a post, by the way. Oh, and you have AWESOME taste in music.

J C said...

7 is definitely james blunt - you're beautiful

9 is five for fighting - 100 years

13 is pearl jam - black??

14 is rob base - no idea on the name of the song

i don't currently have the mental capacity to figure out the others

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

First person (not including Gina-Rainwoman) who posts all fifteen correctly will win the gift card. So, GO!

Alani--good to see you here.

To help anyone along the way, J Holden has posted the correct answers of the ones he guessed. You do not need to name the song though to win.

cubmommy said...

That is so cool about Pearl Jam. I saw them at Lollaplooza in '92 when they weren't big yet. They were awesome! Eddie climbed the speakers. They walked around the lawn and went right by us.

Eddie can sing the grocery list and it would be sexy.

He did an awesome job singing the 7th inning stretch for the Cubs.

Come by anytime I am home!

mamashine said...

Oh, this is fun! I'm surprised nobody's done much guessing. Okay, here's my shot at it. I'm relatively certain of 10 or 11 of them and the rest are guesses, but maybe I'm right. :)

1. Dave Matthews Band
2. Anna Nalick
3. Poi Dog Pondering (I didn't know anyone still listened to them! Look at that building! It's so beautiful! :) )
4. jack Johnson
5. Abba
6. Counting Crows
7. James Blunt
8. Killers
9. Five for Fighting
10. Cure
11. Train
12. Wham!
13. Pearl Jam
14. Rob Base
15. Psychedelic Furs

I know they're not all right. But this was still fun. :) Come play my movie game on Fridays.

Dustin said...

my add will not allow me to play

i'll make it to line 3 and get up and wander around the house for no reason.

Anonymous said...

1. Psycodelic Furs

2. Poi Dog Pondering

3. Counting Crows

4. Jack Johnson

5. ABBA

6. Anna Nalick

7. James Blunt

8. The Killers

9. Five for Fighting

10. The Cure

11. Train

12. Wham!

13. Pearl Jam

14. Rob Base

15. DMB

i love lyrics and i love my ipod :)-Alani

Anonymous said...

1. Psychedelic Furs - Pretty in Pink

2. Can only assume Poi Dog Pondering - Don't know that one

3. Counting Crows - Murder of One

4. Jack Johnson - Brushfire Fairytales

5. ABBA - Dancing Queen

6. Anna Nalick - Breath (2 AM)

7. James Blount - My Life is Brilliant

8. The Killers - Mr. Brightside

9. Five for Fighting - Battle for Everything

10. Cure - Picture of you (one of my all time favs)

11. Train - Drops of Jupiter

12. WHAM! Bad Boys

13. Pearl Jam - Black

14. Rob Base - It takes Two (there is a really good version with KORN)

15. Dave Matthews Band - Grace is Gone

Anonymous said...

You did make it way too easy. Next time don't post the artists :)

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

KEP--good guesses--I love POI! (but you put them down for the Counting Crows lyrics; Blair, you got 'em right (you didn't have to name the song though-so kudos)... but Alani's guess came in 12 hours earlier than yours, so Alani is the winner, and if I'm not mistaken, she is going to save me postage because she lives near me. Alani--email me--I think you have my email, or it's on my profile. Congrats, and guys, thanks for playing. This was just as much fun for me too! Next time I will make it more difficult and promise not to use the same bands. Maybe.

mamashine said...

Yeah, I knew I didn't have that one right. I like the building song though.
Next time you could still give the artists but make us tell the song.