Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Oooh, I Am So Crabby!

The sun is out,
the sun is in,
the sun is back out

I'm in a crappy mood.

I started out this post in a bad mood, and then two seconds later I felt a little better. But I am just C.R.A.B.B.Y.

The day was kind of productive. In my eyes, anyway. I cleared away the junk on the dining room table. The junk I had left there through our party in March

[okay, see now two seconds later, I'm in a better mood because Homecoming Queen is coming over to watch my kids so I can go for a much-needed walk]

Anyway, the junk on the table has been there through March, through an evening of margaritas where the blender has still been out along with margarita glasses, and the half-empty Easter baskets with tinfoilly colored wrap all over the place and the bunch of candy not worthy of their lips all at the bottom.

So, the table is cleaned, I even washed the table cloth. I rearranged the stuff in the hutch (man, I have a lot of votive candles, so if you are a friend looking to buy Manic Mom a gift, forgo the votives -- I don't need any).

I also washed, dried, folded two loads of laundry (but they are still in the living room). I also did another load of mittens and hats in preparation for spring, even though this freaking weather is so crappy who the hell knows if it's spring or not!

I got to take a 'restorative' yoga class, which is basically stretches on the floor, or legs up the wall to bring all the blood to where it needs to be -- in my brain!

I am making something that will pass as a dinner tonight.

I didn't turn on the computer until 1:00 p.m. I feel that I am becoming too dependent upon the computer, upon blogging and other blogs, and that I miss my Internet friends who I don't even know and that my real life relationships are suffering, so I'm *thinking* a little bit about slowing down on the blog because there's really not much interesting to say anyway, and if I stop this stuff, I can work on the final rewrite of my novel, which would be much more productive and gratifying.

Oops, Homecoming Queen is here. More later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH Manic Mom!!! dont stop or slow the bloggin!! Here in Australia we love your blog!! It has become a daily fix for myself and my friends!! You are as funny as Kathy Lette (author of how to kill your husband and other household hints)! Please dont Stop!!

You are worshipped here in Oz..

Ramblin Rose

Ps. hope you dont mind us reading your blog daily!! :)

xxxx said...

You got so much done today! You shouldn't be crabby at all. I got NOTHING done.

Dude, someone in AUSTRALIA is reading you!! How cool is that??

cubmommy said...

That is cool that someone is reading your blog in Australia! I figured with summer upon us that many people will blog less. Just don't stop blogging. I love reading about your day.