Thursday, May 11, 2006

I Gots The Goods / Manic Contest

And it only cost $17.80.

Here's how/why:
2 kid-size hot chocolates, extra mocha, one drunk, one half-way
1 tall cafe vanilla frap with whip and chocolate drizzle (I finished off the whip)
1 organic milk box, half-drunk
1 tall nonfatsugarfreevanillalattenowhip
1 reduced fat blueberry coffee cake, of which half ended up in my purse*
2 chocolate chunk cookies, of which I got to eat the remains of one
1 iced lemon cake, or which I got two tiddly bites, none with the yummy frosting

$17.80 and I didn't even order myself a freaking cookie.

*Speaking of purses, here's what's in mine currently, in no particular order:

~Wallet, with only ONE credit card thankyouverymuch
~Thank you note from neighbor for birthday gift
~mammogram script
~Sbarro receipt for $25.11
~Two-day supply of Effexor
~Month supply of Xanax (never know when you might get stuck in an elevator with three kids!)
~Three Maxalt-MLTs for migraines (again, see above and the elevator thing)
~Swiss army knife keychain with keys that open up a metal box that holds my college/highschool journals
~Three partial packs of Orbit Sweet Mint gum
~One partial pack of Orbit Peppermint gum
~Cell phone
~Four pens
~Revlon colorstay overtime lipcolor
~Business cards from a variety of people from the writer's conference, including Eddie's from Phoenix
~Two Panera cards that I have no idea what the amounts are because my friend Kara gave them to me since she doesn't go there
~This girl's business card, who's book is coming out and I think it'll be a success!
~Another business card of this girl who DROVE ME CRAZY AT THE CONFERENCE WHO WILL REMAIN NAMELESS BUT I WOULD NOT CARE IF I NEVER HAD ANOTHER CONVERSATION WITH HER EVER AGAIN.
~My business card, Swish's business card
~Target receipts
~Mints
~Loose change
~Kohl's receipt
~Super-Plus Playtex tampon
~Perfume sample from Kohl's which I will throw out right now cuz perfume gives me headaches.
~Flirt! Big Flirt Thickening Mascara (again a sample from Kohl's)

Here's a challenge--make up a short story aka flash fiction of 500 words or less using 10 of these items, but NOT using a reference to an elevator. Of all the entries, I'll have readers choose the best one for a prize to be determined later. And Valerie can assure you I make good on the prizes. OH, and SHOOT! Cubmommy -- I forgot to give you Baby Proof when we met the other day! Good excuse to get together again!