Thursday, May 11, 2006

CHOCOLATE

I am soooo not a chocoholic but I am craving a really, really, really good big chocolate chip cookie that's fresh and warm right out of the oven. I'm trying to figure out where I can go to get one of these suckers. I wish there was a cookie place around here. Then I'm thinking of hot fudge, or a turtle brownie drenched in chocolate. I was thinking I could go to a restaurant and just get dessert. Now I'm thinking of some chocolate flourless cake that's just dense and chocolatey and when you take a bite it just stuccos to the roof of your mouth and you let it sit there for a while and you take your tongue and begin to scrape it off the top of your mouth and it's just so rich and yummy and Oh God!

Why am I craving this treat?

And most certainly, NO... it is not a PMS thing right now.

I JUST WANT A YUMMY COOKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Martini said...

The end of your first paragraph on made me think about Meg Ryan's restaurant scene in "When Harry Met Sally"....you had me at Oh God!

:)

CozyMama said...

oh GOD i love fudge. I came by due to Cub Mommy. :)

Chrissy said...

Do you have an Einstein's Bagels there? The double chocolate brownie cookie is divine! Coupled with the Choclate Coffee, well, at least 1000 calories.

I'll have to UPS a few to you if you can't find a 'fix'!

(been reading and I love it!)

beth said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and offering some Philly help. Amazingly, I grew up in Langhorn (Yardley, actually). I went to Pennsbury High. All my friends in High School worked at Sesame place as actors for the shows. So weird.

So if you are still in Chicago, as your comment said you might be, you need to go to either of the following places for dessert. First, Adobo grill and get the Chocolate Tamale...after an excellent margarita. It's like warm flourless choc. cake that is still mushy like brownie mix. Or, if you want something a little more subdued (both in taste and atmosphere) try Jane's on Cortland, just west of Ashland, and get the Turtle Brownie. I think these are my two favorite chocolate fixes.

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

jodes--thanks for coming over. I tried to post a comment on your site but had difficulty. You're a cutie, and I look forward to reading more of your blog.

Cmommy--I am sooo going to Einstein's tomorrow for more chocolate. Know what else I love there? The pesto, roasted red pepper bagel. Then I order it with the feta pine nut spread, tomatoes, lettuce, and more roasted red peppers. It is AMAZING!

Okay, now I'm craving THAT! Gee, could I be pregnant?

And thanks for telling me you're liking what you've read. Any comments on it are appreciated!

Beth--isn't Pennsbury the school Wonderland the non-fiction book was written about? Are you glad to be going back 'east?' I did love it there in Langhorne. Spent a lot of time in Yardley and especially Newtown... if you haven't been back in a while, Newtown is BOOMING now! I miss Tomato Pie and Chic Fila!
Adobe sounds familiar. I'm not in the city all that much, but Ashland has my favorite late night Mexican burrito fix--La Pasadida!

What is up with me and all this FOOD talk!!?!?!

Anyway, guys, thanks for stopping by, and if you feel like sending any of your friends my way, would love you to link me! xoxo

Oh, and PS, r martini-- You said it! ; )